facebook

sophomore

by: cob

How do sororities feel about taking a sophomore during the COB periods? Are you less likely to get one because you're a sophomore?

Posted By: cob
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Help   

Someone reply to this with an honest opinion. I have the same question!!

By: Help
#2  by: depends..   

I think there are chapters that, as a rule, don't take sophomores BUT if a chapter is participating in COB, they need to make total and may be more likely to take non-freshman. That being said, I would say that any chapter writing off a sophomore (or other upperclassman) is being really stupid.

Thing about waiting until COB is you limit yourself to chapters who are not at total in the Spring and willing to participate in COB which isn't all the chapters. If you want to maximize your chances of getting in somewhere, go through in the Fall.

By: depends..
#3  by: no   

Im pretty sure no one took sophomores last year during COB so not really sure if you'd get a bid.

By: no
#4  by: Worry more..   

about the chapters that participate in COB in the spring. Not taking someone because they are a sophomore if they are below total (and thus participating in COB) is absurd.

Waiting to go through until the spring will severely limit the chapters you can select from though. Go through now if you can.

By: Worry more..
by: Cob Jul 30, 2014 9:34:12 PM

But if you're unable to go through now do you suggest waiting until spring cob rather than the fall cob period?

By: Cob
by: uh...Jul 31, 2014 7:56:11 PM

there is no fall COB. Just formal recruitment in the fall and the few chapters that participate in Spring COB. You will have a lot more choices if you do it now.

By: uh...
by: to uhJul 31, 2014 8:33:33 PM

there was a fall COB last year and like 4 sororities did it, there were posters and everything around campus.

By: to uh
by: wow..Jul 31, 2014 11:09:10 PM

4 whole chapters? Wow...what choices. Might have more options in spring. if you have to pick COB, do spring.

By: wow..
#5  by: UK   

The sororities that dont take sophomores are pretty catty anyways. A lot of sororities take sophomores! Just go through rush and youll end up where youre meant to be.

By: UK
by: OkayJul 30, 2014 11:04:28 PM

I can't do fall rush bc I will be on vacation with my family and the times clash. But are you suggesting doing cob or not? Thank you.

By: Okay
by: ^Jul 30, 2014 11:16:43 PM

If there are chapters participating in COB in the spring, rush them and get a feel for them. It can't hurt. If you absolutely click with one of them and they offer you a bid then awesome! If you don't get offered a bid or don't find the chapter that's right for you, you can try again in the fall.

By: ^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.