facebook

rushing as a sophomore

by: UKgirl

I am an incoming freshman at UK but will not be rushing to give myself a year to get adjusted. Do I still have a chance of getting a bid from a good sorority during spring or fall 2015 rush?

Posted By: UKgirl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: sororitygirl   

Yes, but I would highly suggest rushing. You might feel like you're missing out Freshman year because most of your friends will have sorority stuff to do all the time!-- You don't want to feel left out.

By: sororitygirl
#2  by: Greekin'    

It would be better if you just went ahead and rushed. There will be 50-90 freshman in your pledge class trying to adjust and it's easier to go through it together. It builds a better bond, pretty much one of the biggest reasons we rush.

By: Greekin'
by: agreedJul 22, 2014 11:03:42 AM

and you'll always have a study buddy to help you out

By: agreed
#3  by: DO IT   

I contemplated the same thing when I was a freshman but going through recruitment and joining a sorority made my adjustment SO MUCH EASIER! You have a constant support system AND moving in a week early you really build a bond with your gamma chi group which will be the girls living in your dorm this year. Sororities actually have a higher GPA than general UK students. You will be encouraged to work hard in the classroom, volunteer, and get involved in other clubs too.

By: DO IT
#4  by: sororitystar   

You should 100% rush this year! I say this because adjusting to college is hard for everyone, and it will be made 1 million times easier by having 200+ sisters by your side who want nothing more than to see you succeed and have the best college experience possible.

By: sororitystar

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.