facebook

sorority rush

by: UDfreshman

as an incoming freshman looking to rush, what are the sororities like on UD's campus?

Posted By: UDfreshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: udGREEK   

as much as i hate to say it chi o has just really stepped up their game in the last couple years and now all other sororities are kinda irrelevant

By: udGREEK
#2  by: UDsororitygirl   

I went through recruitment last spring. I genuinely had down to earth, quality conversations with girls in all the sororities. Find the one that fits best, some felt more comfortable for me than others, but everyone in every sorority genuinely wants you to find where you feel fits you best. Dayton is a loving community and no one really cares what greek organization you are in, if you are even in one- so don't go off the rankings (some of the sororities on the ranking list don't even exist at UD!!!). If it fits, great! If not, there is plenty of other things to do.

That being said, greek life for me has brought me so many new close friends and I wouldn't trade my experience. I became friends with my Rho Gamma group and girls in my pledge class. It's nice know older girls, and good to have a support group and all the opportunities these organizations provide. I have so many close friends in other sororities and not in them at all.

Here are some insights into some generalizations of each sorority from my own option (In no particular order, again this doesn't apply to every girl either):

Chi O: very loud personalities, pretty outgoing with a little sass
ZTA: most diverse (personality/style/looks) group of very fun girls
Pi Phi: fun go-getters, outgoing but there is lots variety too
Theta Phi: smaller in numbers, kind but a little strange
Alpha Phi: very put together as far as looks go, like to have fun
KD: very nice and caring girls, fairly new but growing

By: UDsororitygirl
#3  by: HONEST ANSWER   

I'm going to be 100% honest here. I truly think this is the most accurate description of each sorority at Dayton, and most people would agree.

Chi Omega: pretty girls with alot of personality. nonetheless, probably the strongest sorority at dayton. very genuine and outgoing. always have great social events from what i hear. have a few random girls that don't mix in well, but which sorority doesn't.
Pi Phi: known as the goofy and hilarious girls, alot of hipster style girls gravitate towards them. would describe them as the class clowns. very strong sorority, but there are a select group of girls that are bland and lack personality
Alpha Phi: alot of pretty stereotypical "sorority" girls. this is everything you envision a sorority to be, LOOKS-WISE. as far as their sisterhood, not so much. known for being snobby and catty. their reputation is falling FAST. used to be top but they did awful in recruitment this past year and are really seen as good sorority anymore.
Zeta Tau Alpha: very very average girls. a few standouts, but other than that nothing special about them. Honestly, they're just kind of there. not seen as bad, not seen as good.
Kappa Delta: newer sorority so they are still trying, but they are honestly just seen as a bunch of random girls who most likely got dropped from their top picks and were only left with KD and Theta. this past year they started getting cuter girls that will help bring their chapter up, but its still very evident that there is a strong div

By: HONEST ANSWER
by: HONEST ANSWER (continued)Jul 23, 2015 11:24:35 PM

divide between the normal girls, and the strange/weird ones.
Theta Phi Alpha: sounds bad, but this is the sorority that no one wants. however, it does seem that they are sweet girls who have a strong sisterhood. their appearance just gives off a not so good impression for a lot of people.

By: HONEST ANSWER (continued)
by: loveJan 19, 2016 6:57:59 PM

this is honestly the most accurate ranking/description I've seen on this site

By: love
#4  by: Seriously?   

Sorority rush isn't until next spring. You have a whole semester to get to know sorority members and decide on your own if they are people you'd like to call your sisters. Do that instead of listening to a bunch of hateful and shallow opinions on this website.

By: Seriously?
by: Agreed!Aug 6, 2015 10:51:50 AM

Agreed completely! Go in with an open mind or you will come off as not wanting to be there and that's extremely rude.

By: Agreed!
#5  by: Freshman    

I am a freshman and I have been looking forward to recruitment all year. I have been having a hard time with some of the girls I have met in my dorm so far, so I really hope recruitment goes well for me. I guess my question would be: How good do my first semester grades even need to be to get in a GOOD sorority? Do they take letters of recommendation?

By: Freshman

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.