facebook

help

by: Transfer

Hi! I'm transferring in the fall from a community college. I'm pretty outgoing, decent looking, and have a 3.5 GPA. What are my chances of getting into a good sorority, preferably phi mu? Also, how important are recs? Thanks!

Posted By: Transfer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: VCUGirl   

Hey! So we actually don't have use recommendation letters for recruitment. Also, don't get your hopes up for Phi Mu - they're really picky (only will take you if you're skinny, blonde, and shallow) - and haze like CRAZY. Shoot for like AGD or Zeta! :)

By: VCUGirl
by: vcugirlMay 22, 2015 11:00:50 AM

don't go into recruitment with your mind set on one sorority! vcu is really diverse and has a lot to offer with greek life its really important to go in with an open mind so you choose the sorority right for you.

By: vcugirl
by: lolMay 22, 2015 8:52:05 PM

Your information on Phi Mu is super outdated.

By: lol
by: HmmMay 25, 2015 3:58:43 PM

Phi Mu is very picky the good gpa does help though! They do seek out the most attractie girls but lately they have been recruiting more for grades than in the past.

By: Hmm
#2  by: Lol   

You haven't even met the girls yet and you already "prefer" phi mu. Probably cause you heard they were top. You'll fit in just fine though with your shallow head ass

By: Lol
#3  by: Curious   

Why do you prefer Phi Mu? What do you know about them? Do you know sisters? Do you know their philanthropy?

By: Curious
#4  by: mmmmm   

Phi Mu is on top at VCU, they are picky but they kinda have to be because of their rep. They're really big on grades tho so you're good with the 3.5!!

By: mmmmm
#5  by: yeahhhh   

My friend quit pledging phi mu because she felt they were too cliquey and the social drama was too much for her. HOWEVER go in with an open mind, what was wrong for her may be perfect for you! Different personalities mesh better in different places!

By: yeahhhh
#6  by: no   

Go in with an open mind in recruitment. You can't possibly get a peek into which sorority you'd want by knowing one girl in it or by stalking them on social media.

By: no
#7  by: Yo   

Phi Mu is a really good sorority to rush, you'll have the chance to meet them all but I think at the end of the day you will want to be a phi mu

By: Yo
#8  by: honest   

the only way to be happy with recruitment is to go in with an open mind. dont make any judgements based on social media.

By: honest

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.