facebook

weed in greek life?

by: Out of Stater

I'm an out of stater and in my state weed is legal. I'm coming to UT and would love to rush. I really don't smoke much at all and I know it's illegal here but I was curious if people here in Greek life (mainly sororities --I'm a girl) smoke? Obviously I would never bring this up during rush and I'm living off campus but are sorority girls here be super judgmental toward smokers?

Posted By: Out of Stater
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: govols   

some do some don't. definitely don't mention it during rush and take all references off of your social media.

By: govols
#2  by: well   

Phi Mu will accept you.

By: well
by: Someone'sMar 3, 2015 1:28:13 AM

a tad jealous I'd say!

By: Someone's
#3  by: Haha   

You think those are lies? This article says marijuana and a scale was found in the DZ house last spring. Idk about phi mu but DZ definitely has girls that sell out of their house.

utdailybeacon.com/crimelog/2014/feb/21/

By: Haha
by: LOLMar 2, 2015 10:24:16 PM

Laughing at the fact you had to find that link just to post it on here. Get a life!

By: LOL
by: patheticMar 2, 2015 10:43:56 PM

they have not been, nor are they currently on probation. If your story had any merit, the entire would have been disciplined appropriately. Meaning on PROBATION which they are not. Again shame on you. Stop hating. You clearly have an axe to grind...disgruntled because they didn't give you a bid? I looked at your ridiculous link too. It clearly says "small amount found in one girls room". How in the heck do you get DZ sells out of their house out of that. Stop applying the mistake of ONE girl to entire house, and turning that into DZ sells out of their house. And that tiny blurb you so eagerly posted doesn't indicate who's it was anyway. Just because it was found in someones room it doesn't mean it was theirs. you can't tell what actually happened based on two or three lines in a blotter. Thats why there is something called an investigation. Clearly an investigation was done and DZ house was not punished. What does that tell you? How old are you? Middle school?

By: pathetic
by: patheticMar 2, 2015 10:45:44 PM

sorry i meant to say the entire house would have been disciplined.

By: pathetic
#4  by: Technically   

The article did say there was a "small amount" (anything less than a half ounce) of marijuana found in one girl's room, but it also said a digital scale was found, which is considered intent to sell marijuana. Look it up, that's law in Tennessee.

And just so you know, if you live in the sorority house, anything that happens in that house is representative of the chapter. So even if it's just one girl's actions, she represents everyone who lives there. If it was her's or not, we don't know, but she had it in her room. And I doubt she just let a girl from XYZ chapter keep it in their house if it wasn't actually hers.

I'm not justifying what the first few girls said. I think it was catty and that the past needs to stay in the past, and I know the girl who was involved was released from the chapter, which is part of how DZ avoided punishing the chapter as a whole. But it doesn't change facts that were presented by UTPD and the Daily Beacon, something that anybody with internet could see. Just something to keep in mind. You're always wearing your letters!

By: Technically
#5  by: Active   

Every single house in pan has girls who smoke. Trying to make certain houses look bad is just pure classless

By: Active
#6  by: STOP the Haters   

I am going to repost the last line from one of the posters above because some of these immature/jealous girls need to read it again:

"No house is perfect and unfortunate situations happen. Its how issues are handled that show you the merit of the house, not the mistakes made by a few girls that go astray."

It really is sad to see insecure girls tear down other houses because they are threatened by them. All to try to be feel better about themselves. Try another tactic girls. What you are doing will never make you happy. Be better.

By: STOP the Haters
#7  by: JD   

Remember, you're coming to a backwoods school. You'll see plenty of smoking--mostly tobacco. Moonshine abounds!

By: JD
by: HaMar 10, 2015 10:30:27 AM

Sad, but true

By: Ha
#8  by: Weed    

Weed is tight. Weed is tight.

By: Weed
#9  by: Based   

On this post, I think you can see that girls in all chapters don't really care if you smoke weed. Just don't be stupid and get arrested.

By: Based

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.