facebook

tiers

by: Honestly

Over and over I see rankings. What is really happening is that there are a couple of houses who were always considered top tier but have gone down in popularity over the last couple of years. There are also a couple of houses who have greatly improved over the last few years which is very threatening to the "old" top tiers. In reality, the Greek system has improved so much that there are 13 great houses to choose from, not just 4 or 5 like there were a few years back. Unfortunatley, some houses don't like that they are not the most popular any more. Personally, I think it's awesome that girls have 13 great choices to call home!

Posted By: Honestly
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Right   

on!!! Pan is great with THIRTEEN amazing houses, not just four or five some houses want you to believe.

By: Right
#2  by: Yes   

I saw this to everyone because it's so true. Our Greek system is too huge to not take advantage of what EVERY house has to offer.

By: Yes
#3  by: This   

is so true!!! Too many houses feel threatened that they are no longer thought of as the most popular. Different houses are popular for different reasons. Some are appealing to girls from one area, some are more appealing to out of state girls, some to smart girls, Christian girls, etc. ALL the houses ate "top" to the girls who chose them. I got my third choice, and honestly can't imagine myself anywhere else. The system works and you land where you belong.

By: This
#4  by: The   

person who posted this has so much class. Thank you for being the true voice to all the negativity.

By: The
#5  by: This   

is absolutely correct.

By: This
#6  by: Several   

years ago a new recruitment method called RFM was put in place at most universities including UT. It was set up to increase membership numbers for chapters that traditionally struggled by letting them invite more pnms to parties. It also makes recruitment more difficult for chapters that have traditionally recruited well by limiting the numbers of pnms they can invite. It has opened a lot of pnms eyes to some wonderful chapters they might not have considered before and those chapters have benefited. It seems to be making pan much stronger overall and is much better for everyone in the long run.

By: Several
by: ExceptJul 29, 2014 8:52:24 AM

It kind of screws over chapters who are improving because the numbers are based on the past FIVE years and forces "struggling" chapters to invite back PNMs they're not compatible with just so Panhellenic can fill a quota

By: Except
#7  by: I   

LOVE my house, and honestly reading this site makes me nauseated. Nothing I have read about my house is even true. How girls can say such vicious lies to try to tarnish a house's reputation is not what PAN is all about. I love the multitude of friendships I have made with girls in all the sororities. I hope that people realize it's probably just a handful of bitter girls on here.

By: I
#8  by: Thanks   

For explaining about RFM. I has not heard about it before.

By: Thanks

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.