facebook

aopi, kkg, adpi?

by: VOLPNM14

I am rushing in the fall but am from out of state. I am a legacy to AOPi and Kappa. Are they good sororities at UT? Will they give me a bid automatically since I am a legacy? My best friend from cheer joined Tri delta at Alabama last year. Is Tri delta good at Tennessee? They are sooooo pretty and sweet at Alabama. I have recs for every house and cute outfits and my GPA is very high but I am still super nervous and excited!

Posted By: VOLPNM14
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: VOLPNM14   

Also my mom says ADPi is really good nationally. Is that true? How can I tell?

By: VOLPNM14
#2  by: Well   

ADPi is good nationally, but they aren't the best here anymore. Solid middle tier with Chi O. AOPi and TriDelt are both top chapters and would be difficult to get into. Kappa however isn't that great. Lower middle/upper bottom tier. They have a party reputation and don't bring much to Panhellenic.

By: Well
by: ThisJul 20, 2014 8:03:22 PM

is a very rude comment. Personally, I think Kappas are way nicer than AOPIS. Kappas are down to earth. I honestly thought that AOPI was one of rhe worst houses I visited during rush. I would be a Kappa over an AOPI any day.

By: This
by: omgJul 22, 2014 10:01:48 AM

its you again

By: omg
#3  by: TriDelt   

is considered a top house, AOPI an upper middle, ADPI middle, and KKG a lower middle. With that being said, Kappas are the nicest of the four and have lots of out of state girls.

By: TriDelt
by: EhhJul 20, 2014 9:07:16 PM

Kappas are seen as "nicer" but only because they're a little awkward to talk to during recruitment... at least in my experience. AOPi's are usually known for being down to earth and sweet while last recruitment Tri Delt and ADPi took a lot of heat for seeming very rude. Being a legacy will help you but won't guarantee you a bid. Also, there are plenty of other amazing chapters you should consider!! Chi Omega is known for having good, well-rounded girls along with DG and DZ.

By: Ehh
by: LolJul 22, 2014 11:25:31 AM

Chi O, stop. Chi O is only known for giving snap bids now and being an "interesting" group of girls... ALL of the chapters should be considered, not just the ones you deem as good.

By: Lol
#4  by: Are you kidding?   

Coming to this site and asking if certain sororities are "good" is very naive. I don't mean that as an insult to you but if you've read any of the other posts and comments you'll see that this site is a snake pit of jealousy, lies and backstabbing. Talk of ranks and tiers are BS and does not matter once you have started normal life at UT. No one is guaranteed a bid by any sorority...legacy status or not, unless you have an actual sister who is an active in a house here. Just know that ALL of the sororities have great girls who love their house. Beware of gossip, rumors and preconceived notions. Have fun at recruitment and good luck!

By: Are you kidding?
by: GreatJul 20, 2014 10:15:28 PM

advice. Just because you are a legacy doesn't guarantee you a bid. Who knows...it may not be your top choice any way. You may find out you like other houses better. I was a legacy, and I pledged else where because I felt more at home there :)!

By: Great
#5  by: not   

Don't limit your options before recruitment even starts. Every sorority works very hard to prepare for recruitment week so form your own opinions. No automatic bids.

By: not
#6  by: ^   

Tri Delt and Aopi are very similar houses with down to house girls. Kappa is not a top house but have very nice girls. You just have to see what you like after recruitment starts

By: ^
by: Stop itJul 22, 2014 6:27:40 AM

Kappa is far more down to earth than either TriDelt or AOPI. AOPI's are very stuck up. Kappas are very laid back and lots of fun!!!

By: Stop it
by: ahhJul 22, 2014 10:02:56 AM

its you AGAIN

By: ahh
by: Who?Jul 22, 2014 10:06:43 AM

I am just tired of AOPI thinking they are something they are not and self ranking 24/7 and bashing all the other great houses...it's petty and rude.

By: Who?
by: yeahJul 22, 2014 10:08:18 AM

girl preach it. this will definitely affect pnm's opinions during rush!! especially since they can't tell for themselves who is rude and who isn't. keep it up

By: yeah
by: aopiJul 22, 2014 12:02:26 PM

Needs to get off the self rank trail...lol.

By: aopi
#7  by: just saying   

Kappa is the 3rd highest ranked sorority nationally (behind ZTA and DG) according to philanthropy money raised and active chapters across the country. Just because you are a legacy to a chapter doesn't mean you automatically get a bid. They might keep you around a little longer, but you still have to show them what you are worth. Tri Delta, ADPi, and Kappa are 3 completely different sororities here at UT with completely different "stereotypes". They get these from 5 or 6 girls within the chapter that everyone seems to know, if you get what I mean. Every single sorority has these few girls, and embarrassingly enough you could probably pick them out/write down their names. UT greek life is like going to a huge high school filled with the popular kids. I will say that ddd and kkg get along well and they seem to have more similar personalities as a whole. They do carnicus together like every year. Advice to any PNM: go where you are wanted and think that you will make a difference to better the chapter. If a sorority doesn't want you, they will let it be known. That's just the truth.

By: just saying
by: aopiJul 22, 2014 12:05:00 PM

Always cuts others down. Kappa is a great house.

By: aopi
by: WhatJul 22, 2014 12:20:20 PM

No one even said anything about aopi in that big paragraph! You are ridiculous! Also not sure where you are getting your info but xo is actually the top ranked national sorority

By: What
by: OMGJul 22, 2014 1:10:23 PM

CHI O STOP. You are not top nationally (OP was right... ZTA, DG, then KKG) and you are not good here, no matter how much BS you post about how awesome you are nationally. Nationals don't matter!

By: OMG
#8  by: lol   

I think "just saying" meant to say aopi instead of adpi

By: lol
by: either wayJul 22, 2014 1:24:27 PM

nothing bad was said about kappa for the poster below to call aopi out on bashing them?? but I really do want the link that these people are getting their information about the top ranked sororities because every single one i have seen lists chi o first

By: either way
by: itJul 22, 2014 1:30:26 PM

all depends what list you look at and what it is based off. chi o is usually listed first because a lot of lists rank by number of members nationally which would be chi omega. delta gamma is listed first when it comes to how much money is raised for philanthropy total (which is always confusing to me why tri delt raises millions but is always lower on the list... something about how the way they raise some of the money can't count in their philanthropy). aopi is always ranked first when it comes to number of chapters nationally because they have the most. i've seen kappa delta ranked first on a lot of lists. it honestly depends on who is doing the ranking and what the criteria is

By: it
#9  by: joe   

ADPi's are the best on campus and had the best rush this year.
Over 1000 girls went through rush and 900 put Adpi as their #1 pick.
Chi O, AOPi, and Tri Delt are good also.
Good luck!

By: joe
by: ^^^Sep 27, 2015 7:21:46 AM

Dear Joe,
In other words, dear self ranking ADPI,
This information would not be public. Secondly, I can tell you it's not true. ADPI had a very mediocre rush. Many houses were sought out over them. ADPI's have fallen hard the last few years. They are not kind to the other chapters in the PAN community which has negatively impacted their popularity.

Again, another pathetic attempt by ADPI to make themselves look good. Honestly TriDelt, PhiMu, DZ, KD, AOPI, AXO, and CHIO are all better houses than ADPI. They all have nicer girls and are way more involved on campus.

By: ^^^
by: LOLSep 27, 2015 1:15:35 PM

Do you mean to say that ADPi pressed 900 girls.....? not possible

By: LOL
#10  by: your   

A staff member at greek rank you are always pushing your agenda. You want your sorority to be the best at every school your really not about supporting all Greeks just your own

By: your

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.