ranks 2015

by: Fraternity Insider

Tier breakdowns:
Tier 1: Top
Tier 2: Upper
Tier 3: Middle
Tier 4: Lower
Tier 5: Bottom

Tier 1: Pi Kappa Phi / Kappa Sigma(Fall '14 pledge class was fairly weak though, let's see how their spring goes) / Sigma Chi / Pi Kappa Alpha(debateable, they are still on probation from what I know)

Tier 2: Delta Chi / Phi Kappa Theta / Alpha Epsilon Pi / Delta Tau Delta(on probation but still good enough for tier 2 I think)

Tier 3: Beta Theta Pi / Sigma Alpha Mu / Delta Phi / Delta Sigma Phi / Phi Delta Theta(they might still be in trouble from the unfortunate incident last semester, otherwise I would've put them in tier 2)

Tier 4: Pi Lambda Phi / Triangle / Tau Kappa Epsilon

Tier 5: Sigma Phi Epsilon(lost their house last year, do they even exist anymore?) / Sigma Alpha Epsilon(same as Sig Ep, probably don't exist) / Iota Nu Delta(I think they have 5-10 brothers) and any not listed above

Posted By: Fraternity Insider
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: pitt   

I don't think delta chi is tier 2. They're nice guys, but what sorority looks forward to mixing with them..? Delta phi should be tier 4, there's only like 20 of them; too small to be relevant

By: pitt
by: fratstarMar 3, 2015 5:12:05 PM

counting new members, delta phi has closer to 35 and not a lot of seniors

By: fratstar
by: HA2Mar 29, 2015 10:10:21 PM

AEPI lost their charter and now they are APES bottom feeders,. They are irrelevant to the Pitt Greek Community and need to be removed form the list.

By: HA2
#2  by: wrong   

This is so messed up. Beta should be way higher. They might be new, but they have the most involvement on campus already. Kappa Sig does nothing on campus, they're basically irrelevant. Delta Chi should also be higher

By: wrong
#3  by: Fraternity Insider   

Note: Fraternities are placed in no particular order within their tiers.

Note 2: If Delta Phi is truly down to 20 brothers, then yes they belong in tier 4. I thought they were bigger than that.

Note 3: Delta Chi has the potential for tier 1, but I don't think they are quite there yet. It is quite possible in the next few years though, depending on how good their new pledge classes are.

Note 4: Beta Theta Pi is rising quickly, but they still have a ways to go in order to reach tier 2 in my opinion. They are definitely better than all the rest of tier 3, but are not comparable to the likes of the tier 2 fraternities. At least not for now.

Note 5: Kappa Sigma got significantly worse after last semester and they are less involved on campus than Beta Theta Pi. But even so, it is absolutely ludicrous to say Beta Theta Pi is better than Kappa Sigma based on that alone. If Kappa Sigma keeps repeating what happened Fall '14 though, they will drop to tier 2.

Note 6: I have absolutely no idea what is going on with Pi Kappa Alpha, but the size of their brotherhood, along with a convenient hill house still makes them tier 1. I have a feeling they will get out of trouble and continue their impressive streak, but if they remain in trouble due to the awfully incompetent new Greek Advisor, they will decline.

By: Fraternity Insider
by: Fraternity InsiderFeb 15, 2015 1:40:42 AM

^If you are in a sorority that is not bottom tier, then you know damned well how much of a joke Matthew is. He's a complete buffoon who has no idea how to maintain strong greek life on campus. He tries his hardest to get any and all upper/top tier fraternities in trouble, probably because he is mad and jealous that he doesn't get any action at all in his current social life (and probably hasn't been able to get much action when he was actually in a fraternity). Do not defend this moron. Anyone who is a member of an upper/top tier fraternity or sorority will agree that Matthew has absolutely no place here at Pitt and that we do not consider him a good greek advisor in any sense. When he is finally gone, he will not be missed in the slightest, and we will all share many drinks in honor of him not being a part of Greek life, and this university as a whole.

#4  by: Fraternity Insider   

Note 7: Beta Theta Pi doesn't even have a pledging process from what I heard. If they want to get into the upper ranks, they should incorporate one.

#5  by: greek   

Agree with most of the list bro. However, Delta Phi definitely does not belong in Tier 3, more like tier 4 or 5. They have barely any brothers, and are notorious for self ranking on this site. Nice to see Phi Kappa Theta getting some love, they are super underrated in my opinion. Delta Chi doesn't seem like they will be 1st tier in a while.

By: greek
#6  by: Fraternity Insider   

^Agreed about Delta Phi. See Note 2.

^Note 8: Very surprised about Phi Kappa Theta as well. I expected them to be kicked off the hill 3-4 years ago but they kept their house and rose up the ranks quickly. Didn't even notice how big they've become until near the end of last semester.

#7  by: Pyt    

YOU are a moron and a buffoon. What are your ideas on maintaining strong Greek life on Campus? How much action you get? What an entitiled pig you are. When and if you ever grow up "upper/top" and have children of your own who are more worried about partying on your dime than getting an education-you may then appreciate people whose jobs are to worry about your safety and well being. Your advisor has to enforce the rules and make decisions already set Yep, be the bad guy. Do you honestly think this adult who has a life in the real world goal is to "get you in trouble"? Maybe there is absolutely no place for you at Pitt. Go somewhere else and drink many drinks in your own honor.Are you even old enough to drink? Doubtful. I just read a rant of a 15 year old. Matthew, I don't know you but I wish you the best of luck. I've been there,done that.. This is what you get for it. Not worth it.

By: Pyt
#8  by: Obvious   

Lol clearly you are in one of the fraternities that Matthew got into trouble. Maybe you should just follow the rules next time cuz it seems like he's here to stay.

By: Obvious
#9  by: Greeker   

Yeah this is pretty accurate overall but I'd say phi delt should be between 2 and 3. They didn't drop that much to fall to tier 3 but they did drop a little. Also, DTD got rid of a bunch of people from what I heard so their numbers are much lower than before, and they might fall to 3 soon

By: Greeker
#10  by: Aepi to Apes   

Didnt AEPi lose their charter?

By: Aepi to Apes
by: Fraternity InsiderMar 3, 2015 2:35:23 PM

Not that I know of. If this happened, it may have been a very recent occurrence.

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.