facebook

diversity within sororities

by: PantherProud

This will sound totally off, but I was wonder how many of the sororities at Pitt take girls that aren't whit. I'm a black incoming freshman and want to rush a Panhellenic sorority, but I know that it's common for other races to be dropped or stuck in a lower tier? Any info would be appreciated!

Posted By: PantherProud
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: panhel   

First off congrats on coming to pitt next year! You've made a great choice. As far as discrimination during recruitment, this isn't the south. None of the sororities discriminate based on race. However there are definitely houses that are more diverse (dphie, sigdelt, tri-sig ) than others, but this doesnt mean the other houses dont take minorities. Do your best to not let this website affect your view of the houses. If you keep an open mind during recruitment you'll end up where you're supposed to be. In person interactions with actual sisters will tell you way more about a house than any anonymous review can.

By: panhel
#2  by: greek   

I agree with 'panhel'. The sororities will not see you as your race, but by your personality. Every sorority on campus has at least one minority sister and most have more. Don't make pre-conceived judgements about houses. During recruitment you will clique with certain houses and by the end you will hopefully find your sisters! Good luck next year!!!

By: greek
#3  by: Agree!   

I agree with the other two posts. Don't worry about that, the house you want to be in is the house that values what matters, not what race you are.

It will all work out in the end :)

By: Agree!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.