facebook

ya

by: truth from a grad

as of the graduating class of 2015, these are the sorority rankings based on "popularity". To any incoming 1st year: Top tier and Middle Tier sororities are all respectable and have good reputations. a huge mistake would be to not take a bid from one of the middle tiers if you get cut from the top ones. Greek life is a community and even just being in one connects you with so many incredible women. you will have friends in almost all of these sororities and will find by 4th year it really doesn't matter who was in what because it is about the PERSON not sorority that they are in.

Kappa/Theta
PiPhi/DDD

Upper Middle
APhi/DG

Middle (almost all interchangeable depending on who you ask but this is my opinion)
DZ
Zeta/XO/SK/KD
AXO
ADPI

Lower

GammaPhi
SDT
SSS?

Posted By: truth from a grad
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: tru   

accurate

By: tru
by: MomOct 26, 2015 10:30:13 AM

My daughter may be going to UVA. I checked out this website because I was curious how my sorority ranked. I am very impressed by your comments regarding the greek community as a whole as well as befriending the individual. Great advice to anyone considering going greek.

By: Mom
by: this listNov 1, 2015 6:50:35 PM

is close but DG and Tri delta will not be top teir for along- they just don't have the return rates or popularity of the others-

By: this list
#2  by: switch   

Switch DG and DZ.

By: switch
#3  by: Anon   

Pi Phi is definitely not above APhi and DG and not the same level as tri delt... You could even reasonably argue APhi and DG are above Tri Delt now.

By: Anon
by: wahooOct 14, 2015 12:22:39 AM

APhi and DG have DDD and Pi Phi in the looks department but the girls are social climbers and super catty... DDDs and Pi Phis are much better liked on grounds which is why they're above

By: wahoo
#4  by: Anon    

I definitely still consider Pi Phi to be above APhi and DG. This is a very accurate ranking

By: Anon
by: wellAug 16, 2015 10:48:23 PM

You're probably a Pi Phi then.

By: well
#5  by: The truth   

If you are looking for networking after college life, then some of these top tiers will not help. This is a state university that does not hold clout in the real world. Look for those who are involved on the campus. Getting drunk with the popular frats gets you a hangover and that's about it. And a lot of these top tier did not make quota this past year. There is a reason why.

By: The truth
#6  by: above   

true! And I'd move Gamma Phi into the middle tier because they're clearly better than SDT and SSS.

By: above
#7  by: GDI   

ADPi and SK need to be lower. AXO should be higher

By: GDI
#8  by: that real truth    

XO should be lowered most definitely, KD argueably lowered but certainly higher than chi O

otherwise a decent list

By: that real truth
#9  by: Real World   

Most of the top tier sororities do not have girls who can help with networking after college. And guys do not care about what sorority you belonged to. Honestly, they don't at UVA either. And these "top" sororities did not make quota. That is embarrassing. You can't be a top sorority if no one wants to pledge.

By: Real World
by: 3rd year Aug 18, 2015 11:35:42 PM

HA this is hilarious because it's so absolutely not true. The best sororities have some of the SMARTEST and well connected girls at UVA. There's a reason the comm school and pre med are full of girls from top sororities.

By: 3rd year
by: @3rd yearAug 28, 2015 6:49:58 PM

Oxymoron on 100,000

By: @3rd year
#10  by: Yes   

This is on point

By: Yes

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.