facebook

friend groups

by: Curious first year

Does joining a sorority actually help you make new friends? I feel like some of the second and third years who I've met have had their solid groups even before pledging. I'm just curious because I feel like I don't have a core friend group yet and I thought maybe rushing would speed up the process?

Posted By: Curious first year
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: anonymous   

yes! both in and out of whatever sorority you join. you get clued in on so many greek events, form relationships with other sororities and fraternities, etc.

By: anonymous
#2  by: lolz   

yes it does.

By: lolz
#3  by: Yes!   

But most important to choose a group that is most like you in interests. You spend a lot of time together, best to have something in common. Good luck!

By: Yes!
#4  by: Just do it   

Sometimes it helps to shift perspective and ask "how will my involvement benefit this particular group". By all means rush. Not everyone decides to pledge but everyone makes tons of friends through the process regardless. Get out there and have fun

By: Just do it
#5  by: Jaleesa   

One of the great things about UVa is you will make friends in and out of the frat system. Don't worry about it too much, don't put pressure on yourself, and just enjoy your time here as much as you can.

By: Jaleesa
#6  by: thx   

Really real.

By: thx

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.