facebook

what sorority to join based on what you want!

by: third_year_experience

I put them in the order they were founded and then by alphabetical order :)

theta (1974)
Do you want friends that would be comfortable with you dropping $1,000 on a shopping trip? These your betches, with unashamed attitudes to match. These girls will wear flashy gold leggings to Derby Days, be warned.

kappa (1975)
Ditto with theta, but you look better in blue than in black and gold. Also kappas have a sweeter attitude and know how to be DL more than their equal opposite.

pi phi (1975)
The biggest smiles in the room. Pi phis, by virtue of your bid, want to become your functionally bio sister away from home. Don't tell them you're good at calligraphy during rush; they'll run off to bring you a pen.

tridelt (1975)
The super confident friends that are looking for more super confidents to join them. Tridelts were mostly cool all their lives and just want to have fun.

dz (1976)
Progressive ass ladies. These girls wear what they want and do what they want, and patriarchy can f itself. Disclaimer: if you are the girl who gets left at parties instead of who leaves her friends at parties, dz may not be for you.

alpha phi (1978)
If you want one of Rainbow Fish's scales, get in line at alpha phi. You're a pretty face among pretty faces, and you'll all look gorgeous attending Fox Field together in matching Lilly.

dg (1978)
This is your seat if you're looking for a team to go tanning with, bleach blonde locks to bond over, and nail painting genius.

Posted By: third_year_experience
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: third_year_experience   

gamma phi (1994)
The quietly wild girls that want to be your teammates in crime. sororityty crafting sessions, steam tunneling trips, and SPCA volunteering are included with your bid. Newer than the others, so you're getting less tradition, but they try just as hard as any other.

sig delt (2011)
Ditto with gamma phi on the lack of tradition, but instead of going ecclectic-sororityty, these girls went ecclectic-hipster. If you're down with your sorority house being a floor of Grand Marc, you're down with these girls.

By: third_year_experience
by: InterestingOct 5, 2014 10:08:22 PM

This is really interesting because you're putting these in order based on when they were founded the FIRST time. Like I know that ADPi was here in the 70's but then left and came back later.

I wouldn't use the word "quiet" anywhere in a sentence describing Gamma Phis. In addition, if they got here in '94, that means that they've been here for over 20 years. Comparing them with Sig Delt who has been here for only 3 years doesn't seem fair when talking about "less tradition". Also... sig delts = hipster? Not sure about that. Furthermore, the description for Chi O could be equally applicable to KD. And if you wanted to talk about money for KKG and Theta, you could've done the same for DG.

Other than that, I could say this is mostly correct.

By: Interesting
by: I LikeOct 6, 2014 4:34:07 AM

This is fantastic; dead on. I wouldn't even argue about DG having money because Lilly is expensive and got mentioned.

Why did ADPi leave?

I agree that GPB has a solid amount of tradition now. I mean they have chapter in the literal chapel. If that's not tradition, I don't know what is. Also, they're kind of like PBPs: big smiles, not really that quiet any more. Maybe you're saying that because you're a (third?) year and remember older pledge classes?

You have to be hipster to make a floor of Grandmarc your chapter house. I agree with OP on that one.

XO and KD are basically the same sorority, but KD has more weird annoying exec rules hahaha.

By: I Like
by: @I LikeOct 20, 2014 12:13:52 AM

Actually, Lily was mentioned when talking about AP, not DG. But DG is known as Delta Gucci for a reason...

And KD is a bit more fun than XO.

By: @I Like
by: sororitytyNov 9, 2014 5:25:01 PM

Grandmarc is a temporary chapter house for SDT. They're looking for a house its just hard with zoning issues. Very few are actually hipster. If you knew them you would know that.

By: sororityty
by: nopeJan 19, 2015 8:32:02 PM

huh cute

By: nope
#2  by: hey!   

This is so refreshingly positive. Nice work

By: hey!
#3  by: Original UVA sororitys   

Chi O: 1927-1965/reopened 1977
KD: 1932-1966/reopened 1978
ZTA: 1952 (not sure when they closed and came back)

All three were chartered when women could only attend grad school or get an undergrad degree in education or nursing.

By: Original UVA sororitys
by: History buffOct 9, 2014 11:39:43 PM

PBP was chartered in early 1975 as the first national fraternity for women on Grounds after 1970 university wide admission of women.

It was followed by Tri-Delt & Kappa, and later Theta. Chi O, KD, & Zeta rechartered around the same time as Theta was chartered.

By: History buff
by: not a buffOct 13, 2014 12:37:25 AM

Why does year matter?

By: not a buff
#4  by: anonymous   

a lot of these are highly inaccurate, but at least they're not negative/insulting in any real sense

By: anonymous
#5  by: ...   

Sense of humor

By: ...
#6  by: FYI   

Zeta never shut down at UVA- they've been here since 1952

By: FYI
#7  by: korinne   

hahahahahahaha so true

By: korinne
#8  by: aww   

old scholl

By: aww
#9  by: Lol   

Yes..

By: Lol

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.