facebook

insight on tri sig here

by: A legacy

I am a first year at UVA and really excited to go through spring rush! My mom is a Tri Sigma from the Longwood chapter and I have always admired how close she is with her sisters. Am I going to have the same experience at UVA? It will definitely make my mom happy to see that I have joined her sorority but I have been really put off by the comments about the chapter here. Please help, I feel really conflicted already.

Posted By: A legacy
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: CheckThemOut   

The only reason people don't really like Tri-Sig is because they're kinda awkward overall and don't have a really strong presence on ground. I'm not sure how informal rush for them went, but hopefully they got some promising members. I wouldn't get discouraged just based on the comments here. You should check them out for yourself to see if you think that you would fit in there. You never know. You could be the one member that they get who helps turn around the chapter. They really do need some new blood to get their chapter going. They have a lovely house.

By: CheckThemOut
#2  by: Sisterhood   

As the person above said, the reason there are so many negative comments about tri sig is because they don't have a large presence on grounds (unfair but its the reality of the situation). If you really are looking for a close sisterhood they might be exactly what you're looking for. Having a smaller group probably equals less drama and more bonding for them. I'd say go into rush with an open mind and if they end up not being the group for you you'll know then. Good Luck.

By: Sisterhood
#3  by: SSS   

They're sweet girls and they do have a strong sisterhood, but I'd be hesitant to rush them because it's been rumored for a while now that Tri Sigma national is going to close the chapter if they can't bring their numbers up. It would be a shame to get initiated only to have to take alumnae status and not have a Greek experience for the rest of college.

By: SSS
#4  by: blahblah   

I feel like if they can get their numbers up, they could be a great chapter again. The sisters I know are all fun loving, close with each other, and like to have fun. Not to mention they have an epic house. It's just a hard thing to think if they don't get their numbers up, their chapter could get closed. But if people don't rush it because of this, it is inevitable that they won't be able to get their numbers up. I'd just say go into rush with an open mind. The fact that they are doing formal means that their national organization has hope that they will come back I guess.

By: blahblah
by: yeahOct 1, 2014 2:09:33 AM

nice try, tri-sig

By: yeah

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.