facebook

gamma phi beta or sigma delta tau?

by: someone

Gamma phi beta or sigma delta tau? which one?

Posted By: someone
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: @someone   

Definitely Gamma Phi.

By: @someone
#2  by: Agree^^^^   

Gamma Phi is more established at UVA and much stronger on a national level.

By: Agree^^^^
#3  by: Well...   

...they're both bottom tier, though not the bottom of the bottom (that would be Tri-Sig). So they have that in common. But of the bottom tier sororitys, ADP is considered superior to both of them (which isn't saying much, I know).

By: Well...
by: @wellSep 22, 2014 5:08:25 PM

Tiers are irrelevant. Every chapter has something to offer to everyone.

By: @well
#4  by: hoo   

Gamma and Sig Delt are two very different chapters. But unlike some other chapters, both have a huge range of girls. Check them out for yourself and see what I mean!

By: hoo
by: yahOct 5, 2014 2:22:18 PM

seconded

By: yah
by: YaNov 25, 2014 3:33:14 PM

Yes yes

By: Ya
#5  by: hangarh   

Are you asking which one sucks more? Tough call.

By: hangarh
by: yahOct 5, 2014 2:22:46 PM

be more betchy please

By: yah
by: lolOct 20, 2014 12:19:02 AM

not betchy is da truth

By: lol
by: Excuse me?Oct 27, 2014 5:05:28 PM

Gamma Phi does not suck on any level. They have the best house, pretty much hands down as a consensus of anyone who has ever been there. A great mix of girls in terms of looks and interests. The only reason they're constantly ranked lower is because people have a hard time putting a label on them since they're so diverse. Not to be mean, but I agree with "nah" above. There is seriously no comparison.

By: Excuse me?
by: sorry but...Nov 24, 2014 6:32:48 AM

...they do suck. on so many levels.

By: sorry but...
#6  by: Rob   

Sigma Delta Tau has a variety of very great girls. Not your typical sorority. I was in a "typical" fraternity back in 1976-80 (PiKA) and loved it, but my daughter was in SDT and I have a real appreciation for the young women of that sorority.

By: Rob
by: sameOct 8, 2014 10:19:18 AM

Haha if my future daughter goes here I wouldn't want her to join any of the sororities the fraternity I am in mixes with either

By: same
#7  by: answer   

If you have to chose between those two houses, choose Gamma Phi. They are way better thought of than SDT

By: answer
#8  by: uva sorority   

Sig Delt is new and is getting established here. They've only been here for 4 years and getting a house usually takes longer. Grand Marc is temporary, they just wanted a temporary meeting space. They have a wide mix of girls, but are definitely really fun and nice to be around.
That being said G-phi is much more established here and their house is incredible. They are very diverse, so its hard to say exactly what they're like. Going out with them, they are really fun and sweet girls.

By: uva sorority
by: AccurateNov 24, 2014 2:45:14 PM

This is very accurate.

By: Accurate
#9  by: ksdjfdshfsa   

Sig Delt used to have the reputation of being party girl, alcoholics, etc. The class that just left was the last of the sorority that had that reputation. They need to get the party girl look back.

By: ksdjfdshfsa
#10  by: Yikes!   

2 of the worst sororitys here. Aim higher, girlfriend!

By: Yikes!
by: #BetchyDec 2, 2014 7:48:31 PM

There is no such thing as a "bad" sorority at UVA, unless you're talking about Tri-Sig who isn't "bad", just kinda unknown.

Both of these sororities have a variety of girls, many of whom are some of the most beautiful, intelligent, well-rounded women you will meet at UVA. Gamma Phi is more selective than Sig Delt though and you will find that many Sig Delts ranked Gamma Phi higher and did not receive a bid. That being said, both Gamma Phi and Sig Delt have great sisterhood that you may not find in other "upper tier" sororities. They are both so diverse that you are bound to fit in no matter what.

By: #Betchy

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.