facebook

how about we get some actual uva sorority rankings

by: mags

Everyone knows that the perpetuated 80's tier system is bs. Different people want different Greek experiences and therefore will like different sororities. Don't give me the regurgitated nonsense: tell me about you (just a quick blurb about the kind of person you are) and then tell me YOUR individual original tier system in your order of preference.

Posted By: mags
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 4
#1  by: mags   

I'll start:

I'm a club tennis player and a biology major.

Top 1--
tridelt,
zeta...

Top 2--
sigma kappa,
a chi o,
gamma phi...

Top 3--
pi phi…

Mid 1--
dg,
adpi,
chi o…

Mid 2--
dz…

Mid 3--
kappa…

Bottom 1--
alpha phi,
kd…

Bottom 2--
theta,
sigdelt…

Bottom 3--
trisig...

By: mags
by: KIADec 4, 2013 11:53:23 PM

Forgot to add:

MID 3:

KD

By: KIA
by: likeagphiDec 6, 2013 2:10:59 PM

Did you comment under another comment just to be the opposite of OP's rank, haha?

By: likeagphi
by: @likeagphiDec 6, 2013 10:56:53 PM

no idea what you are smoking, but it does bring out the crazy in you

By: @likeagphi
by: N/ADec 10, 2013 10:36:10 AM

I agree with Dear 1st Years. This site isn't a great source of info and every sorority on grounds is pretty much the same as far as social events go. What you really want to look for is who you are going to spend day in and day out with for 3 years. I'll be honest I didn't get my first choice during Recruitment and thought I was going to be devastated. Here I am 3 years later with my best friends and an incredible experience. No matter where you choose to go, PLEASE make sure its where you can be you.

By: N/A
#2  by: turkeygirl   

The only thing i agree w about the common tier system is that it ranks sdt and sss last…

I'm with the Washington society and a member of a bunch of other clubs and a hopefully a history major gone premed. I also an in a sorority, but i won't say which. :)

In order I'd say top are ddd and pbp, sk, dg and dz and ap, zta. Mid are axo and gpb, xo, kd. Bottom are kkg, kat, sdt, sss.

kkg and kat should not be ranked top by anyone that values sisterhood, honestly. Disagree if you want, but include anecdotal evidence.

By: turkeygirl
#3  by: sororityguru   

#1 pi phi
#2 tri-delt
#3 dg
#4 aphi
#5 zeta
#6 sigma kappa
#7 kappa
#8 gamma phi
#9 a chi o
#10 dz
#11 kd
#12 theta
#13 chi o
#14 a d pi
#15 sig delt
#16 tri-sig

By: sororityguru
#4  by: truth   

Are you the one who keeps posting and re-ranking all the time about the perpetuated 80's/20 year tier system and hot it is bs? You really take this website way to seriously.

By: truth
#5  by: accptd   

I am: Greek and a third-year, and that's pretty much it.

My Top (in no order):
aphi
ddd
dg
pbp

My Middle (in no order):
axo
dz
gpb
kat
kkg
sk
zta

My Bottom (in no order):
adp
xo
kd
sdt
sss

By: accptd
#6  by: manders   

Top 1-- alpha phi... Top 2-- tridelt... Top 3-- pi beta phi… Mid 1-- delta gamma, delta zeta, zeta tau alpha… Mid 2-- sigma kappa, gamma phi beta, alpha chi omega… Mid 3-- chi omega, kappa kappa gamma, kappa alpha theta… Bottom 1-- kappa delta, alpha delta pi… Bottom 2-- sigma delta tau… Bottom 3-- trisig…

I'm on dance team, major undecided.

By: manders
#7  by: gingerandproud   

4th year e schooler checking in.

Top 1- sigma kappa Top 2- alpha phi Top 3- gamma phi Top 4- chi omega Top 5- delta gamma Top 6- sigma delta tau Mid 1- tridelt Mid 2- zeta Mid 3- alpha chi omega Mid 4- theta Mid 5- pi phi Bottom 1- alpha delta pi Bottom 2- kappa Bottom 3- delta zeta Bottom 5- kappa delta Bottom 6- trisig

By: gingerandproud
by: @gingerandprouJan 30, 2014 7:05:33 PM

SK has that redhead rep.

By: @gingerandprou
#8  by: Good god   

Gamma phi must account for 95% of posts on this site. Doesn't matter anyway since girls will see who's cool and who's not when they meet face to face during rush

By: Good god
by: Yes.Nov 30, 2013 5:10:14 PM

Oh my gosh amen.

By: Yes.
by: .Nov 30, 2013 5:17:03 PM

I'm in gamma phi, and if you're talking about that post above, we don't even have a 4th year e-schooler who is a redhead. Just because other people think highly of any particular sorority doesn't mean that it's due to self-ranking. Get over it, it's just a website. No one really cares.

By: .
by: ..Nov 30, 2013 6:52:42 PM

Sigma Kappa does, though.

By: ..
by: .. (again)Nov 30, 2013 6:57:30 PM

On a side note, I love that she was proud enough of her Greek life to put her own sorority first (if it was even her).

By: .. (again)
by: ,,,Dec 3, 2013 11:06:07 AM

saying GPB accounts for 95% of the posts here is wrong. it is more like 85%.

By: ,,,
by: yupDec 7, 2013 11:43:07 PM

they really are, aren't they

By: yup
by: likeagphiDec 8, 2013 2:52:21 AM

I mean, at least we tell you which sorority we're in as we post, haha?

By: likeagphi
by: N/ADec 10, 2013 10:38:53 AM

wow really? they will see who they fit in best with, and that is what any decent person would want. Not sure what your cool factor is here but if its any indication of your sisterhood count me out.

By: N/A
#9  by: anon   

3rd year, involved with a lot of different clubs around grounds, english major..
This rank is based on the girls I've personally met in these sororities, valuing girls who have both good sisterhood and know how to have fun while still being involved around grounds.

Tri Delt
SK
Pi Phi
ADPI
Zeta
Chi O
SDT
DG
KD
Delta Zeta
Kappa
AXO
Theta
A Phi
Gamma Phi
Tri Sig

By: anon
by: Yea...Feb 18, 2014 9:04:11 PM

just no.

By: Yea...
by: yeah, noMar 17, 2014 9:38:38 PM

Nice try, SK/SDT. This is all wrong.

By: yeah, no
by: anonMar 22, 2014 12:44:46 PM

I will say it again... This thread isn't about the stereotypical rankings everyone posts where one sorority gets moved up while another gets moved down. This is a thread where each INDIVIDUAL girl posts her personal ranking of the sororities. You don't have to agree with SK/SDT's ranking on here, but that's what this person thinks. If you'd like to post your own ranking, feel free, but EVERYONE here is entitled to their opinion. As an example: most of us wouldn't put tri sig first, but I'm sure every girl in tri sig would. That doesn't make them "wrong" it just means they have a different opinion. Take your negativity elsewhere please.

By: anon
by: wait!Mar 23, 2014 8:19:38 AM

I thought anon hates SK and keeps slagging and downvoting them every chance she gets...or at least that is what some come crazy conspiracy theory loon keeps on posting.

By: wait!
#10  by: anon 2   

second year, econ major, work and madhouse are my main on grounds activities...same deal as anon above...based on those who i know in each of the sororities:

ADPi DZ SK APhi AXO PiPhi Zeta SDT KD Kappa Theta TriDelt DG ChiO Gamma Phi TriSig

By: anon 2

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.