facebook

which sorority is best for me

by: curiosly me

I am currently going to unlv and i want to become involved in a sorority. I want to be in a sorority that is passionate about community service and has a strong sisterhood, basically a sorority that is on their best behavior. If there are any suggestions, i would be more than happy to start contacting you lovely ladies. Thanks in advance

Posted By: curiosly me
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: a dove   

Hi there!

Honestly, in my time within greek life I've learned that greek life is what you put into it. EVERY sorority has a group of party girls and a group of home bodies (who enjoy doing community service regularly) and girls who switch back and forth. I would more focus on who you see yourself doing community service with and forming a bond with.

I chose to be in Sigma Kappa because we have five different philanthropies that reach out to different aspects of life (the earth, senior citizens, children/community, Alzheimers, and fellow sisters and their loved ones throughout the country)

I also chose to be a Sigma Kappa because we have VARIETY of girls, ask anyone on campus! we aren't the "pretty sorority" or "stuck up sorority" we're mixed, no one can really label us so they don't judge us right away when they meet us.

Like I said, choose the sorority based on who you feel most comfortable with representing in the future. I love my letters and hope you find a home this fall!

Quick tip: I went through Fall 2013
Formal Recruitment is only three days, so do your social media research on the girls in the organizations you're interested in, you'll only see a sliver of their lives but its better than nothing :)

By: a dove
#2  by: rebel   

Definitely just go through recruitment and see where you feel the most comfortable. I agree with doing your research before but don't have your mind set on any one sorority. Your opinions can easily change once you actually go through recruitment and meet some of the girls! I hope this helps (:

By: rebel
#3  by: all of them   

they all have philanthropies and they are very involved in civics.

By: all of them
#4  by: Choose for yourself!   

Every college's Greek system varies. However, please keep in mind the NATIONAL rep and strength of a sorority as well as the strength of the chapter. As an alumna I can tell you that this will matter more than you know. A sorority is not a club you join, it becomes a great part of your life.

AGD and EK were huge at my school. I had alumnae friends (not in my sorority) who gave me the same advice and I'm glad I listened and joined elsewhere.
Both groups along w Tri Sigma are weak nationally.
While ADPi, DZ, and ZTA are strong.

Not at all saying this to be hurtful or rude, just the truth.

Ultimately go where your heart takes you!!
Good luck!

By: Choose for yourself!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.