facebook

sae or pi kappa phi?

by: Rush 2k15

I really connected with the guys from SAE a lot more so I feel like I would have a great time with great brothers, but I'm kind of timid because they told me they rent places out and their parties every other weekend but according to this site, they party not near as much as Pi Kapp. I know Pi Kapp isn't dry so I feel like parties would be awesome there BUT I only connected with a fraction of the guys there compared to SAE. I feel like I'm forced to choose between brotherhood with the parties or parties with little brotherhood.

Posted By: Rush 2k15
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Devil's Advocate   

Go SAE. It's more important to choose the house where you fit best with the guys. As far as parties go, all of KU's fraternities party in their own way---even the un-housed chapters. (Don't let "dry house" fool you). And if you're worried about reputation or house size, I've been to both houses and can say SAE's is cleaner. Lastly, Pi Kapp is likely to lose their house well before you graduate (assuming you're an incoming freshman) to ATO, whose nationals still owns the house. Good luck though

By: Devil's Advocate
#2  by: Think about it   

You'll be much better off with SAE. The fraternity is first and foremost a home,and if you don't even like the guys you're surrounded by,you're going to have a horrible college experience. Lawrence has more of a bar scene anyway,so in that respect the fact that the house is "dry" is fairly minor. The two main houses that are dry (Phi Delt and SAE) are very successful and well liked,so I think that speaks a lot to the overall trivial nature of a house being dry. Go where you feel at home,you won't regret it. Both houses are great though.

By: Think about it
#3  by: huh?   

Since when did SAE become so popular? They've been the joke of frat life for a few years now.

By: huh?
by: jayhawkJun 8, 2015 9:42:01 AM

They really pulled it together the past two years or so

By: jayhawk
#4  by: SAE PIKAPP   

This whole post and comments were written by SAE. Pi Kapp is such a better house! Parties every night and great fun guys. A dry house can never keep up with a non-dry house. Don't even try

By: SAE PIKAPP
#5  by: Well   

Well, OP. Which house did you pick?!

By: Well
by: Rush 2K15Jun 30, 2015 11:11:37 PM

I ended up choosing Lambda Chi because they seem like good guys

By: Rush 2K15
#6  by: Good for you   

Congrats, man. Welcome to the Greek system

By: Good for you

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.