facebook

rush

by: ??

I've heard that most of the Kansas City girls just choose their friends during rush. What houses are known for taking their friends and which houses are more likely to take out of state girls?

Posted By: ??
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: rush   

This is 100% true. Sometimes they have to fill quota and will pick a really rich girl but you have almost no chance unless you have a friend in the house. Excellent solid houses that don't require connections are Kappa Delta and Sigma Kappa. They both take a wide variety of girls that are both beautiful and smart. It's so much easier to make friends when most of you are new and there aren't predetermined cliques already in place. Stay away from GPhi and Chio because even if you do get picked you will not fit in because the girls already all know each other and they tend to keep to their same high school group.

By: rush
by: rcjhNov 30, 2014 4:48:12 PM

^not true at all. All houses take girls from out of state into consideration equally. If girls have a friend in a certain house then they'll put in a good word but in the end they may take someone out of state who they like more. You'll see a lot of Kansas City girls in every house because a lot of girls from KC go to KU. No house take more out of state girls than any other house.

The person above is clearly in Kappa Delta or Sigma Kappa and feels the need to PR on GREEKRANK of all places...

By: rcjh
#2  by: ^^^^^   

This is hilarious. Some really bitter girl has rewritten history to explain why she didn't get a bid. Look at the hometowns on the bid lists and you'll see that all the houses have girls from everywhere. Of course they want their friends too, but outstanding girls can get a bid to any house.

By: ^^^^^
by: kuNov 18, 2014 12:30:54 AM

Doesn't really matter the hometown it's mostly just friends. There might be some girls from the same hometown but fact is you still need to know someone so she's right

By: ku
#3  by: out of state   

lmao at the first comment... 90% of members of just about every house are from the KC area, that's just greek life at KU. I didn't know anyone coming here, wasn't a legacy, and I visited G Phi, Chi O, and Pi Phi on pref day (houses stereotyped as only taking in their friends/girls from their high school)

Trust that the house that you belong in will want you and everything will work out in the end. I didn't know about this website until after I went through recruitment, but its impossible to not laugh at the BS people post on here... Jealous girls who are still bitter about being cut from a house they thought they deserved to be in.

By: out of state
by: s Nov 18, 2014 7:21:09 PM

Your comment was fine until you used the phrase "deserved to be in". That's where your true conceited pretentious snobby higher than mighty attitude came out. I guess only girls that "deserve" it get the best houses? Sorry someone didn't have the preferred friends.

By: s
by: ha haNov 22, 2014 11:29:34 PM

You are hilarious. Every girl gets the house she "deserves." If she worked really hard on grades, activities, volunteering, social life, wardrobe, etc., she gets invites back to most houses. If she doesn't hit the gym, doesn't study, doesn't get recs, doesn't keep a clean reputation, doesn't put effort into a recruitment wardrobe, hangs out instead of volunteering, etc., she gets invited back to fewer houses. It's not that mysterious and even though you keep talking about friends, that's an obvious part of it. The group you hang out with usually has similar habits and interests. So if you're the first type of girl, you'll have friends in top houses...

By: ha ha
by: crack upNov 28, 2014 12:57:03 AM

You use the word "bitter" and the phrase "bless your heart" too many times. Stop posting on here all the time and go find a life. I know you find it hard to believe that some girls find things like personality more important than being superficial and shallow. I know you think you're some special little snowflake but I guarantee you have more enemies than friends with your pompous attitude.

By: crack up

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.