facebook

pledging with honors

by: Honors Student

I am planning on coming to KU next year and doing the honors college. Would it be difficult to pledge while doing the honors college? If anyone has done both please comment letting me know how difficult it is, thank you!

Posted By: Honors Student
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Honors Student   

Time management is key. Stick to about 15 credit hours not including your one day a week seminar. Pledging takes up a lot of time, but there is still more than enough time to study. You just have to take advantage of the opportunities you get during study hours and whatnot. Most of the freshman level honors courses that you can take aren't much different from their regular counterparts. What are you planning on majoring in?

By: Honors Student
by: Thank YouSep 14, 2014 2:31:55 PM

Most likely business!

By: Thank You
#2  by: honorsguy   

Yeah, I'm in that boat right now, I'm a pledge and taking 17 hours with 2 honors classes. My only recommendation is not to overload yourself, it's easy to be gung-ho and all, but then you'll realize you're in over your head. Try 15 hours with one honors class, that's what I wish I would have done. Oftentimes, you'll wish you had easy classes like your pledge brothers so you can go out all the time, but that's not always possible if you want to be really successful. Hope this helps a bit, glad you're checking out the Greek system!

By: honorsguy
#3  by: Honors    

I'm in the Honors program, and most of my honors classes have been exactly the same as, or easier than the regular sections. Be smart about what classss you take and it won't be a big deal! I took 18 hours my first semester and pledged, and it really wasn't too bad at all once I got over the initial shock. Sticking to 15-16 would've made it a little easier but it wasn't bad.

By: Honors
by: Honors Dec 20, 2014 9:39:59 AM

9/18 of my hours were honors, and I'm glad I got them out of the way when I did! Taking a 100 level honors class is easier than a 300 level honors class next year.

By: Honors
by: ^Dec 20, 2014 7:51:11 PM

word

By: ^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.