facebook

rush

by: KU

We should be focusing on the PNMs right now. If y'all have any questions about rush / clothes / move in, feel free to ask.

Posted By: KU
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: ku   

tips on how can you stand out by what you wear in rush? how important is what you wear?

By: ku
by: Sorority-girlAug 2, 2014 3:38:15 PM

The best thing is to feel comfortable in what you are wearing. You are walking around all day, sweating, in the hot sun so make sure comfortable shoes are key!! Also, its nice to try to look a little different then everyone else, stand out a little. I wore a necklace almost every day and it caught the eye of girls in houses so they remember you.

By: Sorority-girl
#2  by: PNM   

I have all my recs, but how important are they? Honestly. What sort of role do they play?

By: PNM
#3  by: KU   

It's not make or break. You'll get cut if you look like a sl.ut though. (Except DG). You want to look pretty for girls, not hot for guys.

By: KU
#4  by: KU   

Recs are huge for my house. If you have a good rec from an alum of someone who went to KU, you automatically get asked back to the 2nd round.

by: CuriousJul 31, 2014 11:07:03 PM

And are you willing to share what house that is?

By: Curious
by: KUAug 1, 2014 8:05:39 AM

ADPi.

by: 0qnAug 1, 2014 9:30:41 AM

not

By: 0qn
#5  by: rush   

I didn't have one letter and got in an upper middle house which I love.

By: rush
#6  by: ku   

what houses cut hard on recs? especially on ones not from KU

By: ku
#7  by: curious   

what is the most common mistakes you see PNMs make?

By: curious
by: Recruitment Aug 2, 2014 8:57:06 AM

Not having an opinion mind! Or going into recruitment only wanting one house

By: Recruitment
#8  by: rush   

how do girls in houses find out how much money a pnm has?

by: rich girlsAug 2, 2014 9:38:14 AM

Well, during recruitment they have roundabout ways to ask you or they will do it directly. Plus, they stalk your facebook twitter and instagram, find out what your parents do for a living, see what neighborhood you live in, see if you own beach houses, lake houses, boats, etc. See what kind of cars your family drives. See what kind of house you live in, what clothes you wear, stuff like that.

By: rich girls
by: ^noAug 2, 2014 9:04:59 PM

NO we WON'T ask you how much money your parents make or what they do for a living and seriously, we don't have time to "stalk" you on facebook or twitter or instagram. Just relax, be yourself, look polished, smile, and realize we're just as nervous and excited to meet you as you are to meet us!

By: ^no
by: FalseAug 16, 2014 3:59:36 PM

Chapters absolutely do stalk and whoever says otherwise probably isn't in a house or rushed before. There are girls that spend all of recruitment gathering as much information about you as possible. This includes web searches, word of mouth, recs, and google mapping your house. They put this into a powerpoint and present it to the entire chapter, discussing every girl, slide by slide. They do this every night of recruitment. It's as tedious and creepy as it sounds.

By: False
by: right.Aug 17, 2014 11:25:50 PM

Yeah they have time to do that with 1000 girls rushing. definitely.

By: right.
#9  by: pnm   

It isn't called work week for nothing.

By: pnm
#10  by: rush   

how are you paired with who you talk to at events? if they want you do they pair you with better people?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.