facebook

rush

by: PNM

What are the hardest houses to get into? I don't care what the reasons are I'm just curious as to what houses are the most selective.

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: KU   

Well, I won't get into why they're the most selective because its beyond fxing annoying but....

Pi Phi, GPhi, Chi O, Kappa.

Not in any order.

But, selective does not equal "top."

By: KU
by: legacyJul 28, 2014 10:59:38 AM

Those houses have always been the hardest to get into. They place an entry premium on a well earned legacy, grades, and personal presentation, which is not solely based on natural beauty. A sorority like DG seems to recruit mostly on natural beauty and personality.

By: legacy
by: gag-awayJul 28, 2014 11:10:57 PM

ok...they do a great job bleaching hair and faking tans. I love all the Sororities, no doubt DG rocks.

By: gag-away
by: haJul 29, 2014 10:50:28 AM

Natural beauty and DG do not belong in the same sentence

By: ha
#2  by: true   

Most selective because they take friends and super rich girls over anyone else. You don't have to be a top notch girl just good friends with the girls in the house. That's a lot of people because these houses have most girls they went to highschool with.
Don't jump down my throat for this but it's true. All you have to do is look at the girls and see they're all from the same town or related.
That's the ONLY reason they're harder.
Some girls translate "hardest to get into" as "best" but that's not true AT ALL. It's just the most common for a lot of KC neighborhoods and highschools so they allow very few new girls.

By: true
#3  by: above   

Comments #1 and 2 are typical of girls who feel the need to put down other houses thinking it will make their own look better somehow.

She's right about the most selective house. She's right about it helping to know someone, (that's true in any house) but the rest - she's wrong.

There are hundreds of girls in those houses who don't fit that stereotype of houses being from the same neighborhoods. When you go through recruitment, ask girls where they're from and you'll see.

The purpose of recruitment is to find the house that's right for you. Just because a girl from your high school is in a certain house doesn't make it the right fit for you or anyone else from that high school.

Selective houses are going for girls who have good academics, recs, personalities, activities, community service, leadership, and looks. Notice I put looks last. But there are lots of girls who have all of those attributes in abundance, including looks. So out of hundreds of qualified girls, yes, top houses will pick girls who are attractive and put together.

The truth is that all the greeks get along fine and no one judges what house you're in. The whole thing about the queens is of course, archaic and ancient history (except apparently on greek rank!). So go into recruitment with an open mind and heart and you will find your home.

By: above
by: ^^Jul 27, 2014 11:46:49 AM

Politically correct response from the girl that camps out on Greek rank doing damage control.

Don't kid yourself that you won't be judged by what house you're in. You get judged hard, especially by the frats, who only hang with top houses and NEVER do RCR or HOCO with any house but a top one. That's a proven fact just look at the pairings from year to year.

I'm not saying a girl in one house is better than another, but the frats don't see it the same way, and also top house girls turn their noses up at bottom house girls and secretly thank God every day they aren't in one.

By: ^^
by: not Jul 27, 2014 4:39:25 PM

How is this putting down houses? It's not saying anything bad. It's just the way it is. It's never going to change. There's a few but not hundreds of girls not fitting this stereotype. I guess I dont get why you go so out of your way saying it's not like this when it obviously is. As far as looks go I have to laugh at what you said. Take a good look at some girls in top houses, they aren't remotely attractive. I've seen way hotter girls in middle and bottom houses. It's unacceptable to mention names but I could write a long list

By: not
by: above ^^^^^Jul 27, 2014 8:12:50 PM

I'm feeling sorry for you now. I can't imagine rating houses just on looks. You can look at girls in houses and not know anything more than you did before because looks aren't everything. Or much of anything. Only the most shallow of girls would think that was the most important thing. Top houses look for accomplished girls. If they're pretty too, that's an advantage. If they're not, they can still get a bid. That's exactly how it should be.

By: above ^^^^^
by: @above ^^^^^Jul 27, 2014 11:28:02 PM

You're the one who said looks matter, not the comments after. The author of comment #3

By: @above ^^^^^
by: aboveJul 28, 2014 4:06:16 PM

#3 puts looks last - only as decider between equally qualified girls.

The reply by "not" seemed to be saying that top houses claimed to only have pretty girls and she could prove it wasn't true.

That's just my interpretation from reading the comment. Looks matter only a little and only if you're otherwise qualified. There are girls in all houses with all kinds of looks.

#4  by: rush   

Well the original poster said she didn't want to know the reasons but y'all just had to word barf all over this.

Even if not for the right reasons, the hardest houses to get into are GPhi, Pi Phi, Kappa and Chi O, like the first comment says.

Just leave it at that.

By: rush
#5  by: KU   

Chi O - grades and money
Gamma Phi - looks, grades, and money
Pi Phi - looks, previous friends, and money
Kappa - looks, money and family

Delta Gamma - looks and ability to party
AXO - grades and personality
KD - personality and involvement

no one else matters.

By: KU
by: ookJul 30, 2014 12:12:28 AM

Gamma Phi is not looks. They have a lot of questionable girls. Line them up I can pick out 2 our of 3 that would not be picked for looks. It's more like who you already know in the house.

By: ook
by: axoJul 30, 2014 12:06:01 PM

Both AXO and KD have many beautiful girls, I would also think they recruit for looks as well. By no means do those other houses claim the hottest girls.

By: axo
#6  by: hardest   

Chi O is by far the hardest to get into. G Phi is probably next. I'd put Kappa as 3rd and Pi Phi as 4th. I definitely think Theta would be before the others.

By: hardest
#7  by: @ook   

I disagree. They definitely recruit for looks.

By: @ook
by: HeyJul 30, 2014 6:35:19 PM

Most people would say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Perhaps you have a different sense of beauty than other people.

By: Hey
#8  by: Lol   

All the houses have pretty girls. There's no shortage of those at KU.

By: Lol
#9  by: ?   

I guess I don't get the whole "quality" girl thing. I know girls in all the houses having 4.0 or higher in high school and a lot of involvement/looks/activities but they simply did not know anyone in the top houses so they got a middle house. Really you should stop talking about this imaginary quality and say what it really is. It's who you know not who you are. EVERYONE knows this I know you're just trying to act like it's different to influence pnms but it's not, at all.

By: ?
by: aboveAug 3, 2014 6:53:00 PM

So what's your point? All the houses at KU are good. Some look at academics more seriously, some looks, some involvement, some community service, etc. They're all different but good. It's all right to say that some are harder to get into, that some seem to be more active, that some are more academic, etc. Top may be different for each person depending on their values. When you write comments like this, it seems like you're complaining about your own house. Just be proud of what your house is proud of.

by: northernerAug 9, 2014 4:21:14 PM

That's not true at all. I came from out of state and didn't know a single girl at KU when I rushed, and still ended up in one of the 'selective' (aka top) houses mentioned. Stop freaking out PNMs.

By: northerner
#10  by: Opinion    

I would say Chi O, Kappa, Pi Phi, Theta and Gphi are probably the hardest to get into... To answer the original question

By: Opinion
by: lolJul 30, 2014 2:16:16 PM

Also the most stuck up girls imagine that.

By: lol
by: nahJul 30, 2014 2:18:18 PM

Not really "hardest to get in to" more like you have to be super rich and a double legacy and have friends in the house. I guess some girls are into that but most want a Greek experience to be more than a tight clique of super stuck up conceited princesses

By: nah
by: tee hee heeAug 3, 2014 10:49:24 AM

Looks like someone above wants to pretend that top houses are not very desirable for some reason. I think PNMs should see for themselves. I am in one of those houses. I'm from out of state and knew no one coming into recruitment. My experience has been lots of warm sisterhood not tight cliques or stuck up conceited princesses.

By: tee hee hee
by: haAug 3, 2014 5:11:11 PM

So you think you're in a top house?

By: ha
by: aboveAug 3, 2014 6:47:35 PM

Everyone in a house should think it's a top house. What's wrong with that?

by: to PNMsAug 8, 2014 1:10:38 AM

True. Any house that invites you back is a top house!

By: to PNMs

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.