facebook

spring and fall

by: pnm

If I didn't get in a house last year for spring rush what are my chances of getting in one this fall?

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: truth   

Not great, but you for sure won't get into one unless you try! Go through recruitment with a great attitude and be open to all of the houses. If you don't make it this time, let some of your friends in houses know that you're interested and try again in spring.

By: truth
#2  by: rush   

Houses want freshman, so not good unless you are ok with a bottom house.

By: rush
#3  by: well   

You make the house. The house doesn't make you. If you are in a bottom house you'll find that the girls are still top notch girls. They might not have have been at the right high school or camp to get a bid at a top house but they're great girls. There's no reason NOT to be okay with a bottom house.

By: well
#4  by: rush   

It's confirmed all over this site who you know is more important than who you are. "Top" houses are the rich girls from the same high schools. Almost all of them know each other before rush and are guaranteed a spot unless they mess up big time somehow.
Unless you are happy being with a bunch of girls already set in their cliques do not even try for one of these houses. You will make ten times more friends and ultimately be 10 times happier in a different kind of house. The "top" houses are mostly girls that still live in high school

By: rush
by: aboveJul 23, 2014 8:08:16 PM

untrue and hateful

By: above
by: spring and falJul 24, 2014 1:09:21 AM

Actually it's very true, not hateful at all but solid fact

By: spring and fal
#5  by: ^^   

You're speaking like you clearly know what it's like to be a member of every "top" house. It's shallow, irritating, and untrue.

By: ^^
by: agreedJul 22, 2014 10:35:10 PM

I agree... you are just as bad shaming 'top' house girls. There are nice girls in EVERY house

By: agreed
#6  by: +++   

Not saying there aren't nice girls in every house. There are, but the atmosphere in a house where most the girls already know each other is a lot different than if they don't. It's extremely hard to break into a clique and why should anyone put forth that much energy when they can start out with girls that are open to new friendships.

By: +++
by: aboveJul 23, 2014 8:09:54 PM

Let PNMs choose their own houses please without your prejudices. Others have completely different opinions than you and consider your generalizations about top houses to be untrue and in fact bizarre.

by: ?Jul 24, 2014 10:31:50 PM

Since when do PNMs get to chose their own house?

By: ?
#7  by: ?   

I'm in a top tier house, from out of state, and am friends with EVERY girl in my pledge class. If you're worried about cliques in college, you've got bigger issues than the sorority you join.

by: cliqueJul 23, 2014 9:33:43 AM

If they hung out 24/7 in high school it's gonna be the same in college. No girl is gonna leave her comfortable clique and get all new friends. Ever try to break into a tight clique?

By: clique
by: aboveJul 23, 2014 8:11:58 PM

"Break into a tight clique????" Are you kidding? You sound like a bad movie from the 1980s or 1990s. Make your own friends with girls you like and who like you. If they don't like you leave them alone... don't try to "break in!!!!"

by: lolJul 24, 2014 1:13:21 AM

In other words, If you get in a "top" house be prepared to always be the outsider because it's guaranteed none of the girls will be opening or friendly, since it's natural for friends to stay together and not allow anyone else in their circle.

By: lol
by: aboveJul 24, 2014 12:03:06 PM

The girl above needs counseling. She seems lonely and is blaming it on her sorority. For most girls, the sorority is the antithesis of loneliness. I am from a small rural area of Kansas and didn't know anyone going into recruitment. I am in a sorority that people always say is a top one and which someone (the girl above?) has characterized as snobby and cliquey. That has not been my experience at all. I've made such amazing friends and they've welcomed me into their homes in KC and I've even been with one sister to visit her grandparents in Chicago. As far as I can see there are no cliques. Lots of girls knew each other coming into the sorority, but that just means when I meet one, I already have a circle of friends. I just don't get her comments at all.

by: .Jul 24, 2014 1:50:35 PM

congratulations

By: .
by: ^^^^^Jul 26, 2014 1:06:24 PM

I think happiness has to do with the person's attitude. If she went into a house expecting it to be a "top" house with "cliquey" girls, that's probably what she found. You sound like you went in with the attitude that you were going to make friends and did. I think people without the ability to make friends anywhere are kind of socially awkward. That's fine, but they shouldn't blame their awkwardness on their house.

By: ^^^^^
#8  by: spring fall   

Since the only houses that even do spring rush are bottom houses and none of them wanted you, chances are you won't get one this fall either.

By: spring fall
by: aboveJul 23, 2014 8:13:16 PM

But if you've made new friends in a house during the fall, you may have a chance with them in the spring. Mostly they take girls they already know.

by: spring and falJul 24, 2014 1:11:06 AM

Which is exactly how it is in the fall too. "Mostly they take girls they already know" Has been and always will be the best way to get in a top house

By: spring and fal
by: aboveJul 24, 2014 7:51:01 PM

Girl, you have a social inadequacy problem. Sounds like you didn't get an invite back you wanted.

by: ?Jul 24, 2014 10:36:03 PM

Why would her comment make you think that? It's the truth and everyone knows it have you been living under a rock?

by: ^^^^^Jul 26, 2014 1:13:00 PM

I can't see why you always complain about that. It's nice to know some people in a house but there are people like the farm girl above who don't. If you go into a house expecting to make friends, you will. If you expect them to ignore you because you're inadequate, they will. That's human nature. Friendly people make friends. Even if the people they're making friends with already have friends. I think you're blaming your lack of friends on your house when you should be blaming your own personality. Get out of your shell and talk to people. Treat them like friends. Be warm and genuine. Everyone except you sees college as a time to meet people from all over who are like you and enjoy the same things you do. I've never heard anyone complain about clizues in college. It's such a high school concept. KU is enormous. You can find friends.

By: ^^^^^
by: ??Jul 26, 2014 6:06:47 PM

Who is ^^^^^ commenting to? Who always complains about what? I didn't read a post where a girl said she didn't have friends. I do find this hypocritical "Everyone except you sees college as a time to meet people from all over who are like you and enjoy the same things you do." When this is exactly what girls going in to the top houses DON'T do, since they only go into houses with their friends and have no intentions of making new friends outside their cliques.

Cliques are alive and well all over KU especially in the sorority houses.

By: ??
#9  by: .   

@?? you really need to grow the he.ll up. You are 18-21, not 14. You should be able to maneuver around "cliques" at this point.

By: .
by: lolJul 26, 2014 9:14:18 PM

And you should get off your phone and stop acting like you run Greek rank.

By: lol
#10  by: question   

This is a question related to this post. Will all the houses know I didn't get a bid during spring rush if I'm rushing this fall? I mean were they given a list? And am I on it?

By: question
by: HeyJul 30, 2014 6:37:43 PM

Only the girls that you talked to in the spring will know.

By: Hey

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.