facebook

tiers

by: ...

what are the sorority tiers as of now? the year is almost over and where does everyone stand?

Posted By: ...
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Just stop   

Let's not start ok? There are no tiers. Every house has individual strengths and every house is a good house. No one is better than anyone. Each and every girl will have a different list.

By: Just stop
#2  by: No matter the letter   

The reason I ended up where I belong was because I was out of state and didn't know any of the stereotypes associated with each house. Every house has there own strengths and weaknesses, but whats important is focussing on where you fit in best or you will not want to continue. Also, each fraternity gets alone differently with different houses so that shouldn't matter either.

By: No matter the letter
by: yesApr 21, 2014 10:04:26 PM

Yes actually the very best situation is a girl who has no idea about greek life at ku and has no clue who is "supposed" to be a top house, that way they pick their house based on how they feel when they are meeting girls from all the houses, not just wanting a house because they heard it was top or their friends are in it. The happiest most settled girl is one who knows nothing before recruitment.

By: yes
#3  by: Tiers   

Tiers just mean how exclusive a house is. The top tier houses are ones that recruit girls with top grades, activities, recs, and looks. It's naive to say there are no tiers or that simply going to a certain high school or hanging out with certain guys is what's important. Recruitment is very stressful because you're choosing girls to live in your house and wear your letters. You want ones that will make you proud. So stop worrying about girls being stuck up. It just means that you need to look around and find someone that wants to have a new friend and has time to spend with you. Busy girls aren't stuck up, they're just busy.

By: Tiers
by: lolApr 21, 2014 10:06:09 PM

^^ from the mouth of a very stuck up girl

By: lol
by: factApr 23, 2014 1:30:04 PM

Each and every house recruits for grades and activities, and if you admit your house recruits for looks that's superficial and rude. With that being equal for all houses, the next deciding factor is friends. If you meet the minimum, where you eventually end up is more about where you went to highschool.

I think we should all worry about girls being stuck up because who wants to be with a stuck up girl? You are trying to justify why certain houses pick their friends, or try to get the hottest girls.

Being busy has nothing to do with being stuck up? I don't know why you would use that excuse. Fact is a stuck up girl thinks she's better than everyone else and will only associate with girls she thinks are up to her standards. Sorry but most girls in so called exclusive top houses aren't better than anyone they just THINK they are. That is the biggest difference. If you are a truly genuine girl who is outgoing and open to all friendships, and is helpful and friendly to everyone, don't pick one of the stuck up houses or you will be very miserable. You won't fit in because there are already cliques in place and they will be too "busy" to include you or want to be your friend.

By: fact
#4  by: jesus christ   

No we are not starting this again. Each and every house is great.

By: jesus christ
#5  by: stuck up   

This whole concept is so 7th grade that it just makes me laugh. My god, we're in college. If the chemistry majors don't want to hang out with you because you because you're in elem ed and you have no similar interests, are you going to say they're stuck up? What do you want to do with these girls that you find so stuck up?

By: stuck up
#6  by: reality check   

Being stuck up is more than just wanting to hang out with someone. It's about your attitude and how you see yourself. The stuck up girls actually think they are better than the lowlife "bottom" house girls. They think they are prettier, smarter and more popular, solely by what house they are in. This is ridiculous. I won't do it here, but I can list about 20 girls in each top house that aren't attractive at all. I can also list just as many in the other houses that are stunningly beautiful and smart, but you won't find those girls with their noses up in the air.

They are friendly and outgoing, which makes a real true sorority girl with all the values we are supposed to have. The girls that stand in their own little group, or only hang out at certain frats where they will look better, only date guys in certain frats, only wear certain clothes.... for WHAT?? Who are you trying to impress? It's so shallow how they act, all simply because of their letters.

We aren't separated by our majors, we are supposed to be united because we are all GREEK. This whole concept of tiers just tears that apart. If you are so self centered that you can't carry on a conversation with a girl who is in a different house, that's just pathetic. Yes we are in college, so you should act like it instead of acting like you are still in 7th grade because honey you have a lot of growing up to do.

By: reality check
by: aboveMay 4, 2014 12:43:14 AM

There is so much about the comments above that I can't even start. First, no one knows what other girls think. Just because someone does hair and makeup doesn't mean they are snobby. That's just LUDICROUS! Not every girl is outgoing. It's beyond belief stupid that someone thinks that less outgoing girls are shallow and rude. I can't say anything in response to the girl who can list some girls in top houses that "aren't attractive at all." If she thinks that physical looks are the most important thing, it says a lot about her character.

Obviously you both are somewhat intimidated by girls in certain houses. Instead of blaming them, why don't you adjust your attitude. Work on campus events and get to know the girls you're working with. Start a study group and meet some new girls and get to know them during your study sessions. Join a club and get to know others that way.

Your immature attitudes are standing in the way of making new friends.

By: above
#7  by: ^^^   

What are you trying to say? I really hope your comment is to the "top house" girls who think it's ok to be stuck up just because they don't like girls that have different majors? The girl who says it's ok to not want to make friends with girls you don't know or may not have similar interests.

By: ^^^
by: aboveMay 15, 2014 12:14:23 PM

I'm saying that the concept of "stuck up" doesn't exist in college. It's an attitude left over from 7th grade. In college, girls hang out with people they knew in high school, people in their classes, people in their houses, people in their dorms, people they've worked on committees with, people they've met through their friends, the girlfriends of their boyfriends, etc. They don't hang out with some girl with an entitled feeling that she'd like to hang out with some Chi Os or G Phis but that they're too snobby.

If you don't know them from one of the ways I've listed, then why are you wanting to hang out with them? If you do know them and want more of their time than they want to spend with you, grow up. It's not all about you. They may have lots of people that they enjoy hanging out with.

The biggest thing is your attitude. From your comments it seems like you're seeking out girls in certain houses and trying to strike up a friendship out of thin air just because they are in that house. Then you judge them because they don't spend time with you. AWKWARD!

Work on your attitude. And stop pretending to know what house someone is in just because they don't agree with you.

By: above
#8  by: ^^^   

People don't want to hang out with people who want to hang out with them because they're in a "top" house. It's embarrassing when that happens. It's college. Find people who are interested in what you're interested in. Don't try to pick friends just because of their house then call them stuck up because they don't go along with it. Seriously, I don't know anyone whom I'd consider stuck up.

By: ^^^
#9  by: What!!!??   

Literally HOW did you decide that previous post was from a gphi??? It's almost funny how ridiculous you are good lord

By: What!!!??
#10  by: ^   

wait what.....

By: ^
by: yeahMay 15, 2014 10:49:29 PM

OMG on #11 is a little dense. I feel sorry for her, but really... She has some deep seated inferiority problems.

By: yeah
by: hahahaMay 16, 2014 11:09:55 AM

You comment on the other post how girls that write here are just trying to influence new members. Isn't that exactly what you're doing? Talking up your house and calling everyone else crazy who doesn't believe you? Hypocrite

By: hahaha
by: hum...May 19, 2014 11:23:08 AM

I don't see anyone "talking up" a certain sorority or trying to influence recruitment in a postive way for a house. What I see is a psycho ranting on and on about stuck up girls in GPhi and other people who are telling her she's crazy. Which it looks like, from her postings, that she actually is. If you want to talk up a sorority, there are lots of ways, but saying that their girls aren't stuck up just because they don't want to hang out with a psycho isn't one of them.

By: hum...

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.