facebook

do sororities know if you registered/rushed before

by: Rushee

I signed up for rush my freshman year and I had a family emergency come up before rush started and had to drop. Sophomore year I couldn't rush because I went on vacation that didn't end until the second day of instruction. I plan to rush in the fall as a junior and do not really want to bring up the family emergency. Would houses know I dropped?

Posted By: Rushee
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: z   

they probably wouldn't have known but now you posted this so some houses will probably check back on their old records lo l

By: z
by: RusheeApr 25, 2015 8:34:09 PM

Lol thanks for the reply. I guess I'll just use the "I wasn't ready to join a sisterhood" line if it comes up.

By: Rushee
#2  by: t   

Why does dropping look bad?

By: t
#3  by: :)   

You're fine. There are hundreds of girls going through the system. Each girl has a different situation, and each sorority has numbers in every grade that they need to fill. And if a house for some reason looks down on you because of your situation, then they're probably not the right house for you (also who judges someone for dropping because of a family emergency? That's insane). Just be yourself and be honest - I don't want to talk to someone during recruitment who's telling me what they think I want to hear. I want to talk to someone who is really helping me understand who they are and opening up the conversation to the possibility of making a genuine personal connection.

By: :)

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.