facebook

psa: sorority hazing. new students beware!!!!

by: concernedactualadult

High school seniors who are browsing this site to get information on Sororities should know that many of the "top" sororities here having horrific hazing rituals.

Don't believe me? Well believe it.
Of course none of the girls who are in the top sororities will ever admit to it, because they want to lure you in so they can do the same to you.

DO NOT JUDGE THE HOUSES BASED OFF WHAT IT SAYS ON THIS PAGE or you will find yourself doing things you never thought you would just from peer pressure alone.

I will not name the house, however, I was a freshman rushing in fall and I fell victim to their hazing rituals. I stupidly went on this page looking for the "best" sorority because I wanted to make friends and be proud of my letters. I made a list of sororities I did NOT want to be affiliated with and a list of MUST GET IN sororities. Even though I had fun, meaningful talks with some of the bottom tier sororities, I didn't care--I wanted to be at the top. (Being blonde with blue eyes didn't hurt either)

On bid day I got into all the houses I wanted to and was happy with my decision. It wasn't until AFTER I paid my first round of dues and getting pinned that the hazing started.

They PURPOSEFULLY wait until AFTER you pay and are really excited about the sorority to haze you.
By this point many of the girls who want to be a part of Greek life obey and get hazed because once you accept a bid, YOU CAN'T JOIN ANY OTHER SORORITY ON CAMPUS!!!!

Don't make my mistake!!!!

Posted By: concernedactualadult
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Freshman Sister   

-My sorority didn't haze AT ALL
-You can drop and join another house until you're initiated
-Still don't judge houses based on Greek Rank because this website is nonense

By: Freshman Sister
#2  by: HS   

please name the house or give us a clue. i don't want to waste my time or money next year and have the first year of college ruined

By: HS
#3  by: Brooke   

My house never hazed, period. When I was a new baby they looked after me like crazy. I got hurt at a party (knocked over by a DAB) and I swear every single girl in my house who was there followed me out to check on me. They were like that all the time even once I got my big. Now we're like that with our spring babies. You can drop out any time before initiation, which is plenty far into the process. Also if you really got hazed you need to report it to your new member coordinator. If she won't do anything then go to Panhellenic. That way it won't happen to other girls.

By: Brooke
#4  by: Jessica   

you can't leave us all hanging like this....obviously you care more about venting anonymously about your insecurities, instead of helping the greater good

By: Jessica
by: NicknameMar 4, 2015 5:49:02 PM

Lol seriously, there was no point to writing this unless she was going to name the sorority. For all we know she could be thinking a sorority like SK is top.

By: Nickname
#5  by: ..   

This simply isn't true. To anyone thinking about rushing, I'm 100% positive there is no hazing in the sororities here. This person wrote this for fun which is messed up

By: ..
by: calgreekMay 15, 2015 12:12:10 PM

No sorry...a couple houses actually do haze.

By: calgreek
#6  by: Pi Phi   

^Pi Phi hazes

By: Pi Phi
#7  by: ok   

so first OP says not to listen what's on this site, and then goes on to give you information to which you should subscribe to. jokes man.

honestly, i think there is a little hazing but I haven't heard of anything extreme. I know of a handful of houses that have one night of a scavenger hunt or a trivia night which involve drinking for poor performance. but you are NEVER forced to do anything you dont want to and if you feel that you were, it should be reported to panhellenic and dealt with appropriately.

By: ok
#8  by: truth   

Pi Phi hazes hard but that's pretty much the only one

Kappa barely does, its only like one night and its not that bad from what I'm heard

DG isn't bad

Chi O and ADPi lol no

Tri Delt though goes HAM

Anyway even middle tier frats have harder hazing than all the sororities

By: truth
by: ..May 19, 2015 11:18:56 PM

chi o and adpi are part of daughters the drinking club so they go hard in that way

By: ..
#9  by: Big0   

Who has the hottest girls?

By: Big0
by: getrealApr 29, 2015 11:40:08 AM

there are no hot girls here. its berkeley for god sakes

how shallow are you? make friends with people for their personalities, not looks.

By: getreal
#10  by: haze   

pi phi tridelt sk axo haze for sure

By: haze

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.