facebook

sae act

by: Teal421

Just read N&O article about new law that lets student have an attorney when meeting with Student Affairs staffers. More importantly, the new law was written because the UNCW Greek office and the Dean of Students held a kangaroo court to suspend SAE. So the SAE's went and got a law passed so that other fraternities and sororities don't get treated the same way. Its the first law like this in the nation which is inpressive. The new law is called the Students and Administrative Equality Act or SAE Act. Too cool!!!! The Greek Community thanks SAE!!!

Posted By: Teal421
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 4
#1  by: Greekman   

Wow! that's impressive. Our fraternity got treated pretty bad last semester for some random crap. Its time to get rid of those people.

By: Greekman
by: Greek ManMay 6, 2014 3:04:11 AM

Looks like your wish could be happenings if what I'm reading is accurate.

By: Greek Man
by: al;skdjfOct 30, 2014 10:31:28 AM

shut up sig nu

By: al;skdjf
#2  by: J   

It is well known among all the fraternities at least that the Greek office and the Deans are anti- fraternity and are just a joke. I think we all back SAE because we've all experienced the same abuse. Even though we're rivals we all agree with what they did to try and stop the abuse.

By: J
#3  by: AZD93   

Its really cool these guys stood up to our crappy student affairs police. Hopefully this is the start to more needed changes on campus.

By: AZD93
#4  by: Landing   

This is BIG and SAE deserves the praise of all the Greeks!!!

By: Landing
#5  by: GreekGold   

This is long overdue and is good for non-Greeks as much as Greeks. I am in a different fraternity but know some of the SAE's and they got totally screwed over by the Dean and assistant Deans. I think more will come out about all of this and the abuse other fraternties will be exposed. When it does they should all be fired!

By: GreekGold
#6  by: Hewlett   

My uncle was a chi phi and they screwed their fraternity over pretty bad so I just think everybody is on to them now. Congrats to SAE for fighting them back. We should tell all the Greeks to quit giving money!!!

By: Hewlett
#7  by: Red   

This sae law made usa today! Proud of my fellow greeks for standing up to this rachet administration.

By: Red
#8  by: BMoffC   

It's about time someone stood up to out of control administrators. Congratulations to the SAE fraternity for passing the SAE Act. We have been rivals but I truly respect what you guys have done for the entire Greek community. We need to all stick together and bring more change to UNCW and you've led the way. Thanks!!!!

By: BMoffC
#9  by: SeniorGreek   

It's no secret that the Deans office plays favorites and some fraternities and sororities get punished for slight infractions while others skate through. It's also no secret that the Dean Walker is a TKE and his fraternity got only 1 year for a major infraction while he gave severe penalties to SAE for a minor infraction that wasn't even provable. It's no secret because the campus newspaper exposed it. So how many other fraternities were given favorable treatment by Dean Walker ? Meanwhile the chancellor just sits by and let's it take place. Incredible. I hope you older alumni remember this when asked to donate!

By: SeniorGreek
by: HawkDec 11, 2013 3:03:46 AM

Dean Walker had no part in dealing with TKE due to the obvious conflict of interest. The matter was handled by Assistant Dean of Students/supervisor of the Coordinator for fraternity and sorority life, Dr. Chip Phillips. Furthermore, I would love to know what exactly you believe the "major" and "minor" infractions were.

By: Hawk
#10  by: Qtip   

Dean Walker isn't the only administrator who has played favorites. Someone should investigate the last greek advisor and his relationship with certain sororities. The entire student disciplinary process has been rotten for awhile. Just ask former RA's and you'll get some stories.

By: Qtip

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.