facebook

fraternities open to 3rd years this spring rush.

by: springrush

Hey all, 3rd year transfer student here. Rushed Sigma Chi in the fall, didn't get a bid, but got a bid from a fraternity that I didn't really vibe with. Winter rush came along but had to sit out due to surgery.

So any fraternities that are willing to give 3rd years a bid? And should I bother giving Sigma Chi another look? I liked them, and a few brothers I talked to told me I just didn't talk to enough people and that I should give it another shot in the spring, but I feel like the odds are really against me there as a junior.

Posted By: springrush
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ...   

if you felt you meshed with EX then go for it. You can rush mulitple frats at once after all... your year doesn't really matter and im sure thats not a reaosn why you wouldnt get a bid

By: ...
#2  by: Open mind   

You really should keep an open mind regarding other fraternities. If Sig Chis didn't give you a bid the first time, I can't imagine why you'd bother going back the second time. Apparently, there were some bros there that didn't vibe with you, which personally would be a red flag. I wouldn't want to join a group that don't want me as their brother. I suggest you give 4-6 other fraternities a chance because being in a fraternity will make your college career more memorable. Besides, being in a greek organization is what you make of it - not what you get out of it.

By: Open mind
by: springrushFeb 24, 2015 6:51:00 PM

I see. I'm also considering TKE and SAE. Thanks for the advice!

By: springrush
by: All good choicesFeb 25, 2015 3:55:28 AM

All three are good houses and will enhance your UCSD experience. Normally you can rush 3-4 houses and reasonably expect to get a couple bids, but if SigChi is in your future, that number comes down to 2 at most. Those guys are notoriously selective and require you to meet and leave an impression on 80% of their guys. Keep an open mind and you will find a home somewhere.

By: All good choices
#3  by: Sigma chi   

plenty of Guys in sigma chi had to rush twice. Don't worry about not getting a bid your first time around. If you meshed with some of the guys do your best to meet more and you'll have a much better chance of getting a bid. Good luck and I hope you do decide to come back out!

By: Sigma chi
#4  by: Anon Sig   

I'm a third year who got initiated as a 3rd year. It's actually not uncommon. It's also not uncommon for people to rush twice and get a bid the second time. It really is just about having as many quality conversations as possible - we won't give a bid to a guy we don't know, but we won't exclude anyone for rushing twice or being older.

By: Anon Sig

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.