facebook

gpa

by: Pnm

I have a 3.0 gpa. Will I face heavy cuts?

Posted By: Pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Honestly    

The first round of cuts will probably be heavy for you, unless you're really involved or have connections

By: Honestly
by: Pnm2 May 7, 2015 8:51:54 PM

Are the GPA requirements set in stone or are they lenient based on connections?

By: Pnm2
by: Active May 8, 2015 5:47:51 PM

Some sororities are lenient based on connections, it just depends

By: Active
#2  by: honestly   

Honestly, it probably will. I had a 3.1 but really strong involvement and good conversations (at least I thought but you never know with recruitment) and I went from 17 to 7/12 sororities. Some sororities have higher cutoffs than others and some are more lenient. Just make sure to leave a good impression and girls will vouch for you.

By: honestly
by: Pnm2May 11, 2015 7:15:58 AM

Which 7 did you get invited back to

By: Pnm2
#3  by: Pnm   

I'd also like to add that I have connections in some of the top tier sororities but I don't know that it would help with my gpa

By: Pnm
#4  by: anon   

First round of cuts are just grades so you'll will most likely be cut off

By: anon
#5  by: also   

will depend on your connection with the girls in each party

By: also
#6  by: XO   

3.0 is a pretty good entering GPA for Auburn. You'll be fine

By: XO
by: UmJun 2, 2015 3:05:16 PM

You've got to be kidding XO.. 3.0 is low

By: Um
by: Average AUJun 2, 2015 3:37:31 PM

The average freshman GPA for my pledge class was 3.7 The requirements from our national office was much lower, but at Auburn the pledge classes usually have a much higher Gpa average than what each sorority's national office requires. don't listen to the troll above.

By: Average AU
#7  by: Thinking   

the "XO" who said a 3.0 was probably from another school that takes low GPA scores and a 3.0 seemed quite high to them.

By: Thinking
#8  by: Well...   

3.0 is not good, but if you make a good impression and some great recs it might keep you in the running for several groups who are good enough to over-look the bad grades. Most will but look at your ACT, so if that is high it will really help. Grades are very important and hs grades are indicators of how one might do in college.

By: Well...

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.