facebook

legacy

by: Ghoshnjnn

How much of an emphasis does KD, AGD, and chi omega put on being a legacy?

Posted By: Ghoshnjnn
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: IF you are...   

a legacy and you wanted to get into one of these groups, your mom should have been rushing for you by being really involved with the chapter OR being involved and an alumni of AU. Most all the girls in my PC are legacies and I know we've planned on pledging for years. Our moms worked hard at it. Now, there will always be several fantastic girls who do not have the legacy background taken, but that is true for all the groups. You have to have new blood brought in to make new legacies! If a legacy does not get in, and there are a lot who do not, it is not because you were not perfect...there just was not room. However, that means other groups get some great girls and legacies.

By: IF you are...
#2  by: Question?   

So, should I get as many recs as I can for each group? I am a legacy, but my mom is not affiliated with helping any college group and all my recs are from her friends who are not involved with any alumni groups. I heard that it is really good to get the President of an alumni group to write a rec. I want my mom's sorority, but I believe I could be happy in most any of the sororities if I don't get my first choice. But, if they see I am a legacy, will I get cut since they might think I want my mom's sorority. I've heard they cut these girls first to make room for others who aren't associated with any group.

By: Question?
by: @@questionApr 28, 2015 8:01:09 PM

More than 2-3 recs per sorority may be too much. My best advice is to get your resume and recs together and then relax. There isn't much you can do about individual sororities' recruitment policies. You can only be your best self and let the chips fall where they fall. Enjoy recruitment....it is fun....and try not to over think things you have no control over.

By: @@question

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.