facebook

expanding

by: Expansion

Auburn opening either DphiE r tri-sig chapter soon; but not Alpha Phi???

Posted By: Expansion
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Yep   

I don't understand this either. Bypassing Alpha Phi and bringing one of these weird sororities makes no sense.

By: Yep
by: @YepApr 26, 2015 12:45:47 PM

These "weird sororities" are still Panhellenic and it's pretty sad that that's how Auburn is going to welcome them

By: @Yep
by: honestApr 26, 2015 4:33:11 PM

It's probably because Alpha Phi didn't apply. They have a crazy extension schedule and probably can't handle another huge colony like Auburn. They're try hards anyway.

By: honest
by: Both great Aug 21, 2015 10:08:38 AM

Both DPhiE and Tri Sig are great sororities and will be a wonderful addition to the Auburn family. Both have expansion plans for the next couple of years, including DPhiE at Georgia (I think). Alpha Phi was not "bypassed." Panhellenic has specific procedures in place to expand and they know what they are doing. It will all be a great thing for Auburn.

By: Both great
#2  by: .   

Do you know when they are supposed to be here? Like actually start recruiting girls?

By: .
by: honestApr 26, 2015 4:35:01 PM

I would assume after Fall formal recruitment (2015), but it is kinda late in the year to drum up interest tabling on campus and such, so maybe Fall 2016

By: honest
#3  by: Not true   

I understand it is going to be Alpha Phi

By: Not true
by: NoApr 23, 2015 7:23:27 PM

They said dphie and tri sig at council this week

By: No
by: Both?Apr 23, 2015 8:26:52 PM

TriSig and dphie

By: Both?
#4  by: Um   

Is it both or will the two fight it out for a spot?

By: Um
by: wellApr 27, 2015 8:30:41 AM

Usually with expansion both come to campus to make a presentation and.then the houses on campus vote for which one they want to come on. Sometimes if there is need, they stack multiple groups to come on (usually two-ish years apart). It will probably just be one group.

By: well
#5  by: bump   

any news on who was chosen? or has the decision not been made yet?

By: bump
#6  by: Hey    

Decision will not be until end of August - maybe Spring recruitment?

By: Hey
by: re:Jul 3, 2015 5:14:36 PM

Thanks for the info. Yeah, maybe they'll colonize in the spring or wait until after FR next year

By: re:
#7  by: Seen it all   

Tri-sig is amazing at some other universities in the South. They are the girls that are likable from all sides. Boys want to party with them and girls want to be like them (girl-crush).

By: Seen it all
by: YesAug 17, 2015 5:58:29 PM

They're kind of like Jennifer Anniston. Girls want to be her. Boys want to date her.

By: Yes
by: You get it!Aug 17, 2015 6:26:54 PM

Yes....like Jennifer Aniston

By: You get it!
by: Greek LadyAug 17, 2015 7:47:15 PM

Tri sig is really good at a lot of schools in the south. it would be an excellent addition to the campus

By: Greek Lady
by: just the factsAug 20, 2015 6:54:30 PM

Sorry but, to be honest, TriSig is one of the weaker/smaller nationals. They're primarily at small, niche schools without housing comittments. I'm not sure what TriSig alum is on here posting all this, but honestly, they really struggle at big southern recruitments like UNC Chapel Hill and Mizzou.

Not saying that they can't be successful here, but just pointing out some facts.

By: just the facts
#8  by: Thank you   

for the promo Tri Sig

By: Thank you
by: AmenAug 17, 2015 7:31:52 PM

You got it "thank you". It is my pleasure! What a great group of girls no matter where they land!

By: Amen
#9  by: alpa phi   

I heard alpha phi was going to for sure be the new sorority here but their nationals was trying to bribe auburn Panhellenic to choose them which didn't go well with auburn's classy standard of greek life so Panhellenic decided to no longer consider them.

By: alpa phi
by: hmmAug 22, 2015 2:32:49 PM

I heard this too! they were sending gift baskets and stuff

By: hmm
#10  by: love both   

Either of the two sororities being considered would be great editions to our campus!

By: love both

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.