facebook

legacy

by: pnm 15

So everybody's basically saying if you're not a legacy you won't get into KD, Chi Omega, and AGD. But they have to take non legacies too don't they? I have a 4.35, involved in a lot of clubs, and from Alabama.

Posted By: pnm 15
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Agree   

A strong resume, great personality, cute, and good letters of recommendations go a long way. The best thing you can do is go in with a positive attitude and enjoy getting to know the girls in every sorority.

By: Agree
#2  by: Sweet!   

I am in one of the three you listed and I am not a legacy. Yes, many of the girls in my pledge class are legacies, but there are many who are not. Just be your best self and try not to stress.

By: Sweet!
#3  by: Legacies   

just have a better chance. If they have all that you have, just as cute, plus they have the legacy tie...they will get in before you. All those you listed take some that are not legacies each year, but the majority are and that is what their moms have worked for years for. Most will take some new blood each year so that new legacies can take root.

By: Legacies
#4  by: pnm 15   

Thanks y'all!

By: pnm 15
#5  by: Uh....   

For the record, there are really large PCs every year. MAYBE 1/2 of chapters like KD, XO, AGD are legacies, probably more like 1/3. And ONLY mothers and sisters count for most sororities, sometimes grandmothers. The fact is chapters have more legacies rush than spots in a PC, and they want other girls too. But NO chapter here is taking an entire PC, or even close to an entire PC, of just legacies. That's not how it works.

By: Uh....
by: CorrectMar 8, 2015 5:10:58 PM

Half of a pc of legacies is a big legacy year. You have a great chance of getting into any of those sororities if you got what they're looking for. Legacy is just icing on the cake but not required.

By: Correct
#6  by: Dissagree   

My pc was almost all legacies. There's nothing wrong with that. However, there are usually a few spots left for some really great girls who are not legacies.

By: Dissagree
by: AgreeMar 9, 2015 7:32:39 AM

Most of my PC was filled with legacies (I was one also)but there were a few slots left for some really great girls. Not all legacies get a bid so that new blood can be pumped in and more legacies from other families are produced (you can't just have the same legacy connections decade after decade all the time, some must be replaced or the group becomes stale). Not all sororities at AU has this ability, but some do due to large alumni following and the length of time on campus for the group. It is just how it is for any group that can pull it off. That way, the sorority has a strong following and alumni support for years to come. You still have a chance without the legacy title, just be a high achiever and stand out! (Even the lesser known legacies have to do that and those are who you have to beat out!)

By: Agree
#7  by: Please   

don't just limit your focus. You need to consider all the groups. You can shoot yourself in the foot going in looking at just three. They have to really want you too!

By: Please
by: YesMar 9, 2015 11:19:30 AM

The first person to respond gave great advice!

"The best thing you can do is go in with a positive attitude and enjoy getting to know the girls in every sorority."

By: Yes
#8  by: Give all a chance   

There is good advice on here and a lot of truth, however, when it comes to ratings, remember those who feel slighted get on here and try to tear down others. It is usually only one or two who write comments under the guise that they are many. Just meet them all and hopefully you will get your choice.

By: Give all a chance
#9  by: Zoey   

Just do your best and keep your eyes open to all!

By: Zoey
#10  by: One of those groups   

We don't have that many legs. Any girl has an equal chance at becoming a part of these sororities. Just shine, and you will be fine.

By: One of those groups

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.