facebook

brotherhood

by: Rushee

I was looking at certain fraternities but then was told when it comes to brotherhood they are the worst. Can someone shed some light on the fraternities with good and bad brotherhood because that means a lot in my decision.

Posted By: Rushee
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Facts   

Unless a person is in that fraternity, nobody truly knows what the brotherhood is like. Any answer to this thread would be completely assumptions and inaccurate bias. Beta would be the only exception because they have a recorded history of fighting each other between cliques. I'd recommend just going and seeing for yourself.

By: Facts
by: YesFeb 23, 2015 6:22:49 PM

This isn't a question that can be truthfully answered on a website.

By: Yes
#2  by: I   

can't speak for everyone but heres my opinion

"weak" brotherhoods:
Beta
Sigma Nu
FIJI
Lambda Chi

"strong" brotherhoods:
ATO
Alpha Gamma Rho
SAE
Sigma Pi
Pi Kappa Phi

By: I
by: SAE?Feb 23, 2015 7:08:40 AM

Ha. That's funny. They're more divided than ever now since the older brothers resent the younger ones for have a very easy pledgeship. Wouldn't put SAE in the 'weak' column, but definitely wouldn't put them in the 'strong' group either.

By: SAE?
by: weakFeb 24, 2015 1:03:54 AM

agreed with the weak brotherhoods. Most of those guys are just acquaintances with other boys in their pledge class.

By: weak
#3  by: Strong   

Here are the ones that I believe have stronger brotherhoods no particular order:
Theta chi
Sigma nu
KA
ATO
Sigma pi
FH
Delta chi

By: Strong
#4  by: Guest   

This definitely isn't a question that can really be answered from people not in the fraternity, advice would be to watch at rush events. Do the brothers all seem to like each other?

By: Guest
#5  by: Best Answer   

So I've been at Auburn for over 3 years now. I've witnessed and heard about the brotherhoods around campus by now. As a fraternity man, I know that smaller fraternities will always have a better brotherhood due to union in small numbers. The larger a fraternity gets, the more brother cliques that form. So I'm going to rate top 3 best/worst brotherhoods in large, medium, and small categories for fairness. (My fraternity isn't listed because our brotherhood is average in my opinion - meaning this list is unbiased)

Small Fraternities
Best:
ΤΚΕ, ΧΦ, ΔΧ
Worst:
ΑΣΦ, ΔΚΕ, ΚΣ

Medium Fraternities
Best:
ΑΓΡ, ΠΚΦ, ΔΤΔ
Worst:
ΔΣΦ, ΠΚΑ, ΦΚΤ

Large Fraternities
Best:
FH, ΘΧ, ΑΤΩ
Worst:
ΒΘΠ, ΛΧΑ, ΦΓΔ

By: Best Answer
by: ThisFeb 25, 2015 8:38:10 AM

This is by far the best description on this site.

By: This
by: meFeb 25, 2015 10:47:22 AM

What are the biggest fraternities numbers wise on campus?

By: me
by: @meFeb 25, 2015 1:23:32 PM

Fiji is the largest at around 170 brothers. Beta, Theta Chi, KA, and Sigma Nu are about the same at around 140 brothers. SAE and Lambda Chi both sit at around 130 brothers. All of the other large fraternities (Sig Ep, Sigma Pi, FH, ATO) range from 100-120 brothers.

By: @me
#6  by: @me   

Fiji-190
KA-180
FH-150
SNU, Beta, lambda chi-145

By: @me
by: No wayFeb 25, 2015 9:36:15 PM

That's outrageous. Where'd you get those numbers?

By: No way
by: WrongFeb 26, 2015 2:43:16 AM

Hoo can't speak for all of them but half of those are incorrect. I'm assuming the rest are also.

By: Wrong
by: @No wayMar 3, 2015 2:36:10 AM

Well, FIJI usually has about 50/pledge class + 5-7 in the spring.

KA usually has 48-50
FH usually has 40
SNU, BETA, Lambda Chi usually have about 40 as well, sometimes SNU has more.

By: @No way
#7  by: Agree   

with the strongest, but they all have some good points. Not everyone can get into a top group.

By: Agree

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.