facebook

fraternity tiers

by: How it works

Time to clear the air. So, some people believe that in order to jump into the next tier that an option would simply be for a previous fraternity in that tier to fall out. NO, that's not how it works. 'Tier' is a fancy word for the level that the majority of people group your organization with. You progress through the tiers by getting good enough to move up, not by being "the next best fraternity to fill the last one's spot." Improve the quality of your brothers, your parties, girls you pull, involvement, and reputation. Succeed in at least most of these and you'll move up. Examples to prove my point: "SNu got a harsh probation and KA is falling out means Sigma Pi and ATO are top now." FALSE. "LXA got back on probation so Pike is now a strong upper-middle tier." FALSE. Bottom line, focus on making your fraternities better overall and the recognized tier will follow suit.

Posted By: How it works
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Get over yourself   

Some of the fraternities you disrespected are preferred over some of the ones filled with guys who have exaggerated egos because of a name.

By: Get over yourself
by: .Nov 17, 2014 8:28:34 PM

You're missing the point. Those fraternities can't bring in the same recruits, pull as good of or as many girls, or throw the same level of parties, etc. as the fraternities in the next level up. They may be preferred by some, but that still doesn't put them on the same level as others.

By: .
by: @.Nov 18, 2014 6:22:32 AM

In "your" inflated ego opinion.

By: @.
#2  by: Thank you    

Finally someone gets it. Couldn't be more true. This website's rankings are a joke, the only people that care about "tiers" are the ones that know that they aren't top aka the ones that run this website. Everyone knows who the top 4 (some say 5) is, if your fraternity isn't in then who cares? Just have a good time with the experience instead of trying to build your cause up on a novelty website

By: Thank you
by: Partly correctNov 18, 2014 7:58:24 AM

Fiji runs this site no doubt. Theta Chi and even Sigma Nu are definitely on this site at times. All 3 are some of the obvious recognized 'top tiers' around campus. So yes, some wannabes like Sigma Pi, FH, and Pike get on here mostly, but you can't say that the top fraternities aren't on here either.

By: Partly correct
#3  by: Someone   

is just upset that their fraternity got in a wee-bit of trouble.
Go home OP, I don't know anyone who has said that Sigma Pi or ATO are top tier.

By: Someone
#4  by: The tiers    

I agree with the OP. Some of you might say his post is arrogant, but he is 100% correct. After three years at Auburn, it's safe to say that these are the generalized tiers here at the moment. I don't consider new probations/suspensions since we haven't seen those fraternities under those circumstances yet. In no order.
TOP:
ΦΓΔ, ΒΘΠ, ΣΝ, ΘΧ, ΣΑΕ, ΚΑ

UPPER MIDDLE:
ΛΧΑ, ΣΠ, ΑΤΩ, FH, ΣΦΕ

LOWER MIDDLE:
ΦΔΘ, ΠΚΑ, ΔΣΦ, ΠΚΦ, ΦΚΤ, ΑΓΡ

BOTTOM:
ΔΤΔ, ΔΧ, ΤΚΕ, ΦΚΨ, ΣΤΓ, ΚΣ, ΦΣΚ, ΧΦ, ΘΞ

By: The tiers
#5  by: Fresh gurl   

I agree these are the old ratings but this year I have seen different from all of the swaps/ socials/ Pledge parties I have been to.

By: Fresh gurl
by: The tiersNov 18, 2014 2:41:41 PM

What would be your ratings then?

By: The tiers
by: Fresh gurlNov 18, 2014 3:26:47 PM

TOP:
ΦΓΔ, ΒΘΠ, ΘΧ

UPPER MIDDLE:
ΣΝ, ΣΑΕ, ΑΤΩ, KA, FH

LOWER MIDDLE:
ΛΧΑ, ΣΠ, ΣΦΕ, ΦΔΘ, ΠΚΑ, ΠΚΦ

BOTTOM:
everyone else

by: Fresh gurlNov 18, 2014 3:28:20 PM

^This is just my opinion and the opinions of a lot of my sisters! So please no mean comments.

by: My OpinionNov 18, 2014 6:09:30 PM

Another girl here. While I do agree that fraternities have changed a lot over the last year, I thought I would just voice the opinion of another girl and my sisters.

Top:
Fiji, Theta Chi, Beta, Sigma Nu

Upper Middle:
SAE, KA, Lambda Chi, FH

Lower Middle:
Sigma Pi, ATO, Sig Ep, Phi Delt, Pike

Like the poster said, this list is based on the level of strength of brothers, parties, girls they attract, involvement, and reputation around campus. Hope this provides some insight!

By: My Opinion
by: EasyNov 18, 2014 9:37:14 PM

to tell that this was a girl - they wrote a lot not "alot" like the majority of dumb fraternity guys would write. Don't say this was a fraternity posting this!

By: Easy
by: @EasyNov 18, 2014 10:42:02 PM

Idk about that, but the organization and effort put into the replies scream that they actually are girls. Guys wouldn't do that. Also, their views actually do reflect tons of sorority girls' thoughts around Auburn about the fraternities. I speak for myself and tons of my friends in multiple sororities when I say that.

By: @Easy
#6  by: No one cares   

It's whoever you think they are.

By: No one cares
#7  by: Bring it back   

This post is so true

By: Bring it back

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.