the truth

by: well

This is based on the past four years of recruitment, especially this year:

Top: KD, XO, Phi Mu, AGD
Sub-Top: ADPi, AXO, AOPi, PiPhi
Solid Middle: DDD, ZTA, DZ, KKG, DG
Sub-Middle: SK, GPB, AXiD
Bottom: KAT

Down to earth, more laid back, some go out, some don't, Christian emphasis - AXO, XO, ADPi
Southern Alabama girls, always look nice, definitely well put-together, like to perform - AGD, KD, PM
Super fun girls who are have crazy, outgoing personalities anywhere you see them (out or in the middle of the day); lots of very peppy girls, not as much emphasis on religion but definitely fun groups, basically love to party - PiPhi, ZTA, GPB, SK, DDD,Theta, AXiD
Sweet, pretty girls. A mix of life of the party-type girls and the "I would rather observe you be crazy" girls, but most do have presence in night life, very involved - DZ, AOPi, KKG, DG

Posted By: well
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: hmm   

I do agree with this. Certain groups have digressed or improved these past few years. I think you should have called where you put KAT "lower middle" since no group at Auburn is bottom. I would move DDD from the party girl classification to the same classification as DZ, AOPI, KKG, and DG, because DDD has really worked on being more involved and diverse in recruitment the past few years. I agree that SK, GPB, AXiD all competed for the same girls this year, while DDD, ZTA, DZ, KKG, DG, and maybe AOPi were in competition, While the top and subtop as always were recruiting the same girls, and KAT got all of the remaining girls.
Overall pretty good depiction.

By: hmm
by: noSep 30, 2014 11:59:50 PM

I am in a position to know and I disagree. There has been a girl on this site that has downed GPB for the past year. You have something very personal against this group and the things you post are just not true. This group is a middle tier group with beautiful, nice, smart girls. I'm not a GPB, but they had the nerve to stand up for my sorority when it was bashed and no one else came to our rescue.They are involved on campus in so many organizations.In fact, our Panhellenic president is a Gamma Phi. Please stop. You embarrass the entire school with your mean spirit. Mean comments just keep sneaking in about many groups. Auburn has wonderful Greek women.Please, let's clean up this website.

By: no
by: DisagreeOct 1, 2014 10:12:38 AM

I think AXO, ADPi, XO, and AGD compete for the same girls, while KD, PM, PBP compete. All "top" sororities, just interested in different types of girls.

By: Disagree
by: too badOct 2, 2014 12:29:25 AM

I'm sorry to see "hmm" and "well" are back this year. UGH

By: too bad
by: TBHOct 2, 2014 9:22:52 AM

I'd move DZ to the party girl group, and ADP to the "likes to perform"; ADP strikes me as a lot more pulled together than laid-back.

By: TBH
#2  by: Agree   

but I really would not put KAT at the bottom due to the strides they have made. There is not a "bad" group or a "lowest" sorority anymore to be honest. It is so difficult to even get in a sorority that it is a relief to get any of them. I will add that several sororities have truly made great bounds to the higher level if you must rate them. DZ, KKG, DDD, GBP, and ZTA had a solid backing of girls coming in and wanting them this time. The top groups have many legacies to come through, but there are so many, I was glad to see that many of ours went to many outstanding sororities outside their legacy "wants."
There are several girls who get on here and write negative things about certain groups, however I can tell you right now, if they had not received a bid from their Mom's sorority, they would have been overjoyed to have received a chance to bid any of the others! Stand up for ALL the Sororities in the Panhellenic and appreciate your school. One way of doing that is to protect all the groups from cyber stalkers and bullies/trolls. War Eagle!!

By: Agree
#3  by: Right on!   

All the posts are accurate in many ways!

By: Right on!
#4  by: Tbh   

The sorority decides the reputation of the girl, not the other way around. If a sorority has programs in place to encourage FLP and involvement, if all of the older girls go to bible study together, if girls are required to have ither organizations, they're going to turn out very differently from a sorority that takes new members out every night. The new members don't decide the sorority, the sorority shapes the new member; any girl could go to any sorority and end up in a perfect fit.

By: Tbh
by: CompeteOct 1, 2014 10:51:22 AM

I don't think that's true, there are definitely sororities that are very similar and have a simar type of girl they compete over.
AZD, SK, DZ: genuine girls, like to go out a lot. They look for friendly, outgoing girls who want to have a good time
AGD, AXO, ADP: preppy, involved, SGA types, look for high GPA's and leadership, ambitious girls
AOP, DG, KKG: girls next door, sweet, relaxed, look for genuine girls who are laidback and real
KD, PM, PBP: very pulled together, go out a lot, look for pretty, outgoing girls
DDD, ZTA, GPB: very bubbly and outgoing, always pulled together, go out a lot, look for peppy, pretty girls

By: Compete
by: YouOct 1, 2014 10:52:20 AM

Forgot XO and Theta

By: You
by: WelpOct 1, 2014 10:07:42 PM

I'd put AXO and XO together, looking for girl next door beauties. And Theta ends up with what's left, they don't have a high enough retention to compete with anyone.

By: Welp
#5  by: Agree 2   

with Compete, except move AXO into a group with AOP, DG, KKG and DZ. Good groups but AXO is not in the same circle as AGD or ADPi, yet someone keeps trying. Hey, just an opinion after all!

By: Agree 2
by: You're rightOct 1, 2014 10:33:53 PM

AXO is a little nicer than AGD and ADPi, both of those sororities are very image-conscious.. I'd put AXO and XO together, they're both a little more genuine and down to earth, still interested in involvement and grades without wanting to preform.

By: You're right
by: DZOct 1, 2014 10:35:24 PM

Why move DZ? AOP, DG, and KKG aren't really big "party" sororities, they mostly keep to themselves and do their own thing, while DZ goes out a lot, on the same level as SK and AZD, and their girls are very similar.

By: DZ
by: @you're Right?...Oct 2, 2014 5:08:23 PM

Stop. All of the sororities you are referring to are filled with sweet nice girls. If you can't find something's no nice to say....stay off this site.

By: @you're Right?...
#6  by: yep   

accurate

By: yep
#7  by: Accurate now   

Agree that #5 post has right.

By: Accurate now
#8  by: Compete -EDIT-   

I don't think that's true, there are definitely sororities that are very similar and have a simar type of girl they compete over.
AZD, SK, DZ: genuine girls, like to go out a lot. They look for friendly, outgoing girls who want to have a good time.
AGD, ADP: preppy, involved, SGA types, look for high GPA's and leadership, ambitious girls, homecoming candidates, very driven
AOP, DG, KKG: girls next door, sweet, relaxed, look for genuine girls who are laidback and real
XO, AXO: a lot like the group above, only they focus more on grades and have a stronger religous influence.
KD, PM, PBP: very pulled together, go out a lot, look for pretty, outgoing girls
DDD, ZTA, GPB: very bubbly and outgoing, always pulled together, go out a lot, look for peppy, pretty girls
KAT- what's left

By: Compete -EDIT-
#9  by: What?   

I'm not entirely sure why you put GPB as a "sub middle" tier group. They're a solid middle tier group and I think they have potential to be a sub-top group within the next few years if they keep recruiting like they have been. Also, ADPi is a solid top tier group in my opinion. I don't agree with your rankings at all, sorry.

By: What?
by: WellOct 2, 2014 8:06:02 AM

GPB recruits girls who are very similar to SK, DZ and AZD, "fun", outgoing, friendly girls who enjoy going out a lot. They're doing great with Panhellenic involvement, but they're not super involved on campus, much like SK and AZD, and their grades are about the same as well; they're a fun sorority that focuses on night life instead of the total package. I'd personally put DZ with the lower middle as well, and switch ADP with XO. XO is too laid-back to really be considered a "top" sorority, they mostly do their own thing.

By: Well
by: What?Oct 2, 2014 5:05:41 PM

Must be an ADPi. I would not swap ADPi with ChiO. Both are great sororities. It would be better to say "move ADPi up". That smacks as derogatory toward ChiO. I like both and think they are both awesome...be nice.

By: What?
by: middleOct 2, 2014 5:54:37 PM

You are mistaken. Many GPBs are very involved. They have some party girls, but also have many involved girls. I know these girls and I bet you don't. Our own president is a GPhi. These girls are in many organizations. Check your facts.

By: middle
#10  by: Correct   

In my opinion is the #5 post also.

By: Correct

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.