facebook

gpa

by: desperate pnm

which sororities take girls with gpa's below a 3.0?

Posted By: desperate pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: What?   

How did you get accepted to Auburn?

By: What?
#2  by: J   

Pretty easy to get accepted to Auburn with a 3.0. I would imagine every sorority has girls below 3.0 but you won't hear anything about it.

By: J
#3  by: No   

Pull it together

By: No
#4  by: No   

Most sororities have cut-offs at 3.5, get yourself together.

By: No
#5  by: I think   

3.3-3.5 is the main cut off for most.

By: I think
#6  by: Please   

they may have a 3.3-3.5 but that is weighted! That is not that good and if you are an out of state girl forget it. I was shocked when I came to Auburn to realize that people thought that was a good GPA. I was in the 5.0-5.5 range because of taking AP and honors classes. Unweighted 3.9 - when I went through Panhellenic made you send in a copy of transcript and unweighted GPA. They are not doing that now and it is clearly reflected in the overall sorority freshman GPA. Looking at grade reports from 2011 where freshman panhellenic GPA was a 3.06 to last years (on IFC report they list it) of a 2.6 there is clearly a problem with the way grades are listed now when girls go through rush. A 2.6 freshman year is not good in any shape or form! Auburn puts people on probation for a 2.2.

By: Please
#7  by: 2014   

One sorority's pledge class "high school - average gpa" was 4.0. The more competitive sororities will not even consider a GPA that low. Some sorority national requirements will not allow them to consider you even if they love you.

By: 2014
#8  by: Come on   

There is no national sorority that demands a 4.0 to join, do you have any idea how many sororities on other college campuses that would have only a few members if that were true. (Some smaller colleges chapters would not be able to survive if that were all they could pledge.) That would have to come as a local requirement. I have friends from HS in many of the same sororities as here but on other college campuses and good grades are admired, but none from other campuses require a 4.0 to get in. All the sororities are different in most places, so rules from the local chapter may not apply at any where else.

By: Come on
#9  by: AUPan   

Nationally, my sorority uses a 3.25 as a cutoff but our Auburn chapter really goes for girls with much higher GPAs than that. We cannot extend a bid to anyone with <3.25 unless she is a legacy, and even then, it's a difficult process and the chapter has to really love her.

Are you a legacy anywhere? That will help your chances.

By: AUPan
#10  by: yo   

I had a 2.9 and I got called back to my top 3 on Pref day. I also have no legacy to anything, my mom didn't even go to college! If you have a good resume and work your people skills you will be fine :)

By: yo
by: No.Nov 3, 2014 11:02:47 AM

I don't believe this statement. Many sororities require at least a 3.2 from natinals.

By: No.
by: AOPNov 6, 2014 10:38:44 AM

Lots of girls admitted to Auburn with below a 3.0 GPA. Most all of the sororities have accepted below a 3.0 at some point. The most competitive, maybe not.

By: AOP

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.