facebook

rising fraternities

by: Dora's Map

which fraternities are rising the fastest and/or pushing for top tier/upper middle these days? and which ones are slipping down the quickest.

Posted By: Dora's Map
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Wait   

We will be able to tell in the fall once we see all of the pledge classes

By: Wait
#2  by: My opinion   

This is just my opinion

Rising:
Theta Chi - one of, if not the nicest houses on campus. They get a lot of hate but their pledge classes are quality and if this year goes well then definitely top tier.

Sigma Pi - Just built a new party barn, and recently I personally think their pledge classes have been quality. Only "bad" is their house location, if they had a better location I'd say they'd already be top tier. If they play cards right in two years they could be fantastic.

Beta - Already considered them top but word is that they are going to throw a party with Waka (ATO is helping with this). Give Beta two years of quality classes and to get money back and they are definitely a force to be reckoned with.

Lambda Chi - many say they are going down, and in recent years they have but, I feel like this could be the year they turn things around. With getting Sigma Chi's pledge class last year they got a great group. Many say the older brothers are weird but their previous classes have been quality. If this year, and next year is good then that will definitely bring them up. I love their house, great location. Like Sigma Pi, give them a year, maybe two and they will be right outside top 5 I feel like.

By: My opinion
by: ughJul 23, 2014 12:28:00 PM

Theta c un.t gets a lot of hate because they are so obsessed with being considered "top tier" they are complete aholes to other fraternities, pull idiotic pranks on them that are very immature, and worst of all treat girls from sororities they consider "lower tier" HORRIBLY. One of the reasons girls like and consider Sigma Nu and Beta top tier is because they treat ALL girls with respect no matter where they come from. KA and Theta Chi could take a leaf out of their book

By: ugh
by: @ughJul 23, 2014 12:38:05 PM

I'm pretty sure Theta Chi hangs with middle tier sororities along with their top tier ones. They are sweet to all girls because they haven't been good long enough to get big headed. They also care much more about drinking than what tier people think they are. I think the problem is less theta chi and more that you have a personal problem with them.

By: @ugh
by: yeahJul 23, 2014 1:12:51 PM

I don't understand the theta chi hate... and they do hang out with plenty middle tier sororities like GPB, KKG, and ZTA

By: yeah
by: My opinionJul 23, 2014 1:49:34 PM

Just stating that they are on the rise man, no need to lash out. To be honest, I don't like them that much, I have nothing against them but definitely not a huge fan.
As far as Beta, Sigma Pi, and Lambda Chi, what is y'alls input on them?

By: My opinion
by: ^Jul 23, 2014 2:24:45 PM

Beta is fun, but need to get a good pledge class this year to maintain their high status. Sigma Pi is okay. They have several creepy guys though and need to work on not just staying in one cluster during their parties but instead welcoming everyone who comes in. Lambda Chi is great. Attractive and down to earth brotherhood, gentleman, welcoming to EVERYONE

By: ^
by: ^Jul 23, 2014 2:37:15 PM

Either a Lambda Chi or Lambda Chi groupie

By: ^
by: ObservationJul 23, 2014 3:20:59 PM

Theta Chi hangs with everyone from middle tier to top tier. Beta is established enough to where they'll maintain their high reputation. Sigma Pi is rising at a steady pace and get slightly better every year. Lambda Chiis working on removing their weird brothers tht make up their brotherhood and replacing them with quality pledge classes. All are rising and all of their goods and bads

By: Observation
by: t maseJul 23, 2014 4:05:07 PM

it's going to be a longtime before anyone is in the top 3 outside snu, ka, fiji. beta will hold down the number 4 spot as long as they hold there place together and get organized. sae will fall in the next two years, and either theta chi or lambda chi will solidify themselves in the top 5. should be a good one to watch. i give the edge to theta chi, but it's going to be a close one.

By: t mase
by: @ t maseJul 23, 2014 4:08:25 PM

You don't think Sig Pi has an opportunity to pass lambda chi?
Also, if ATO were to get a new house, I think eventually they could be top tier. Their house situation just really sucks, it is impressive that they can get decent pledge classes and maintain relevant.

By: @ t mase
#3  by: Bama blows   

Yeah I agree with "t mase." Though I don't think it'll take that long for a new #5. If SAE recruits a terrible pledge class and Theta Chi gets a knockout class, then I can see theta chi claiming their top 5 spot this semester. As far as Lambda Chi and Sigma Pi, I think they're both just too far behind to be considered as elite fraternities just yet.

By: Bama blows

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.