facebook

which fraternity is known for the nicest house?

by: auvick

Which fraternity would you say has an upscale house? Are any well beyond others?

Posted By: auvick
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Depends   

There are good/bad things to each one. I'd put them in tiers

Top tier
SAE - great location near the dorms with small pond, I believe they also own the property
Sigma Nu - best location, nice yard and shed capable of holding large parties. Nice inside the house too
KA - pretty house, nice new party shed. Overall probably best along with Theta Chi
Sigma Pi - really nice house but terrible location being beside Sig Ep, no one is going to go that far down Old Row unless they're going to one of those houses. Their new party barn is probably the nicest on campus so I'd group them in with the others
Theta Chi - see for yourself, it's the newest one so it's obviously going to be nice

Middle tier
Pike has a nice house, Beta has a nice setup and great location but the inside of their house is down right nasty and the brothers rooms are about the size of a walk in closet. DTD has a nice house but they need to grow some and expand more. It's new so it's nice but they didn't build it with the intent to hold many brothers or very big parties. Farmhouse is okay but kinda like Sigma Pi, their location sucks and they don't have anything like a nice party barn to boost them any higher than just middle of the pack.

Bottom tier, all miserable houses
Delta Sig
Phi Delt
Pi Kapp
Phi Tau
AGR
Sig Ep

By: Depends
#2  by: Houses   

Theta Chi and KAs houses pretty much blow the rest out of the water and are in a league of their own. On the other hand, Sigma Nu and SAE by far have the best location for parties and drawing big crowds. Lambda Chi is near the bars which is good too.

By: Houses
#3  by: Best houses   

House itself, location, party barn/shed, yard, all things considered
1) Sigma Nu
2) Theta Chi
3) KA
4) SAE
5) Lambda Chi
6) Sigma Pi
7) Pike

8) Beta
9) Farmhouse
10) DTD

By: Best houses
#4  by: by the way   

if the OP was a rushee, the house should have absolutely 0 bearing on where you decide to rush/pledge, and this is coming from someone in a fraternity whose house would be considered one of the better ones. Rush the fraternity, not the house.

By: by the way
by: Good adviceJul 13, 2014 10:47:21 PM

Agreed, but the house does matter. Says a lot how they prioritize, take care of their place, and handle money

By: Good advice
by: DefinitelyJul 14, 2014 1:09:10 AM

I just meant that it would be foolish to join SAE cause they have a pond or Lambda Chi because it's so close to downtown etc...

By: Definitely
#5  by: PNM   

Someone rank the sorority houses, too.

By: PNM
by: AuburnJul 22, 2014 4:48:03 PM

They don't have houses

By: Auburn
by: PNMJul 29, 2014 12:13:25 PM

I didn't know that. Why?

By: PNM
by: AuburnJul 29, 2014 12:19:43 PM

Some stupid old county law. Sorority houses are considered brothels, which are illegal in Lee County. Something like that

By: Auburn
#6  by: Houses   

Theta Chi

By: Houses
#7  by: House   

Theta Chi
SN
KA
SAE

By: House
by: HouseJul 28, 2014 2:35:55 PM

Theta Chi & KA...no one is even close. SAE and SNU have good set ups as well.

By: House
by: YepJul 28, 2014 10:55:33 PM

Agree w/ House

By: Yep
#8  by: Depends   

on what or who you are looking for. Some great guys in most of them.

By: Depends
#9  by: bumper   

bump

By: bumper
#10  by: Nokneed   

All the houses are dumps

By: Nokneed

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.