facebook

rushing fraternities and not being from the south

by: MW

Would being from the Midwest hinder chances of getting a bid at many houses? I figure this would at KA, but what about other mid to top chapters? (I'm not someone who really cares about whether a chapter is perceived as #1, I just want a good brotherhood.) So I'm asking if simply not being from the South would be a red flag in rush. (I have relatives who were SAE and SNu at Big Ten schools if that would make a difference.)

Posted By: MW
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: T   

Sig ep are usually guys that aren't from the south

By: T
#2  by: IFC   

It won't hurt you that much if you're a good guy that's easy to get along with. KA, Sigma Nu, and Theta Chi all have some northern brothers and they're considered 'southern' fraternities. AGR may be the only place that you can't get a bid. Just go out for rush, check all the places out, and find where you fit in

By: IFC
#3  by: No   

Nobody cares where you are from if you're cool.

By: No
#4  by: Yes    

It matters. Don't listen to those other posts. Most fraternities that only have 1 or 2 guys from outside the South are usually legacies or connected somehow. By the time you get to Auburn they will fill their pledge class for the most part. By they I mean SAE, KA, Fiji, Beta, and Sigma Nu. Don't count on getting a bid from any of them. Sig Ep and Pi Kapp are most known for taking guys from outside the south because they have to or they wouldn't have many brothers. Theta Chi, Sigma Pi, and Lambda Chi are houses that would probably consider you who are much better choices.

By: Yes
#5  by: to "Ha"   

That's honestly probably pretty fair to say.

By: to "Ha"
#6  by: Yes   

Agree with "ha"

By: Yes
#7  by: WDE   

bump

By: WDE
#8  by: WDE   

bump

By: WDE

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.