facebook

fraternity reps

by: Rush '14

What are the pros and cons of the more relevant fraternities at Auburn? Pretty much the reputations of the top 10 or whatever

Posted By: Rush '14
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 4
#1  by: Honest Unbiased   

FIJI -
Pros: Girls love them. The brothers are nice, well-rounded gentlemen and are very attractive. They have great financial backing from alumni and have one of the best names on campus. Also, opportunities after college are endless for Fijis.

Cons: They don't have the best social life. They don't throw many parties and other than "Fiji Island," none of them are very fun. Fiji is also way too big. They have so many brothers that it's hard for them to have even a decent brotherhood.

Pledge here if you're looking to get girls easily and have a great job after college.

By: Honest Unbiased
by: LoveApr 13, 2014 5:28:36 PM

These guys!

By: Love
by: LoveApr 13, 2014 5:29:01 PM

These guys!

By: Love
by: YesMay 5, 2014 4:09:07 AM

Great guys for sure! They don't party that much but they'll definitely be successful after college

By: Yes
by: LoveliestVillgMay 12, 2014 3:44:37 PM

Totally agree! Love them!

By: LoveliestVillg
by: a bunch ofJun 2, 2014 5:58:17 PM

virgins

By: a bunch of
by: hmmJun 15, 2014 8:35:19 PM

rude to girls they consider lower tier

By: hmm
#2  by: Honest Unbiased   

THETA CHI -
Pros: Probably the quickest rising fraternity on campus. They own the biggest and nicest house which probably kick started their trend up years back. Top tier girls are quickly noticing how fun and attractive their most recent couple of pledge classes are, and they get better with each year. They also throw more parties than anyone and throw some of the best parties along with Sigma Nu. Finally, they're always hanging out at their house every day and seem to be a very close brotherhood.

Cons: You either love or you hate Theta Chi, and they're nowhere short of their fair share of haters. They have one of the worst relations with other fraternities. This is due to them attacking/pranking other houses, fighting rival fraternities, and because other top houses don't like their fast rise to the top tier group. In general, their brothers can be douche bags, wreckless, and classless.

Pledge here if you're looking for a rising fraternity, tons of great parties, and a close-knit brotherhood.

by: Honest CommentApr 15, 2014 10:53:49 AM

Yes they are getting better but they are definitely not one of the more attractive fraternities. Also there parties are VERY hit or miss. I've been to a couple to see how its going and they are almost always empty. To be fair most parties seemed to have sucked this year.

By: Honest Comment
by: Let's be realApr 15, 2014 8:21:16 PM

Your comment is clearly very biased. Parties in general haven't been spectacular this year. Theta Chis Saturday party of caveman was more packed out and way better than all of old south and beta lei. Even sigma nu and SAE weren't that great this year for whatever reason. Also, 3 years ago and before theta chi didn't pull AT ALL. Now they're pulling from the top sororities and have some good looking girls around. That quick shift only proves that they have VERY attractive younger classes. I don't consider them part of the Big 5 just yet but you gotta give Theta Chi credit where it's due

By: Let's be real
by: @GuyApr 16, 2014 9:01:10 AM

They aren't known for that, but most of the top fraternities will be a bit more hesitant on minorities. Plus theta chi is one of the more southern fraternities so that might not help your situation. Still, it can't hurt to give them and the other big houses (except KA) a shot

By: @Guy
#3  by: Honest Unbiased   

KA -
Pros: They own one of the nicest houses that definitely rivals that of Theta Chi. Easily have the best name on campus due to a history of success at Auburn. The name "KA" helps them pull lots of beautiful girls from all of the top tier sororities. Due to their great history, they also have one of the best alumni financial backings that allows them to pay for just about whatever they want. They're also known for being 'southern' which goes a long way for them in a southern university like Auburn. They also seem to have a pretty decent brotherhood that goes out with each other a lot.

Cons: Even with all of that money, their social life is one of the poorest of the elite fraternities. Their parties are few and far between. The band parties tend to be chill, acoustic parties with smaller tournouts (likely due to their refusal to pay for big rap artists). Their pull of girls also slowly declines after freshman year because the girls begin to realize that their brothers aren't as great as their name portrays. Lastly, they seem to be on the decline and are relying on their name; their recruitment bringing in worse pledge classes over the past few years.

Pledge here if you're looking for a southern fraternity with a good brotherhood and easy access to pretty girls early in college.

by: RE: brotherApr 11, 2014 7:23:24 PM

I think them sending a pledge to the hospital with broken ribs is worth mentioning. That was a major deal in the fall

By: RE: brother
by: DownhillApr 15, 2014 8:54:19 PM

I feel like KA is going downhill fast. Their parties aren't very good and their pledge classes are slipping. Seems like their KD and Phi Mu groupies are even starting to realize it.

By: Downhill
by: Old southApr 16, 2014 1:05:15 AM

Look at pictures of the girls who go to Old South and tell me they still don't pull the best girls on campus. Girls still bend over backwards to get invited to that party. Y'all are nuts

By: Old south
by: RealityApr 16, 2014 2:21:20 AM

Wake up KA. The girls go to old south for their instagram pictures. They go elsewhere because of the parties and the guys. The old south band parties are always terrible. KA is a name. The other top fraternities are quality. That's the difference

By: Reality
by: Honest OpinionMay 4, 2014 8:03:10 PM

I'm sure most can agree that KA is going down hill. They have less parties than anyone and they're always lame, their pledge classes have gotten worse every year, and they're slowly losing their grip on the hot girls. Their name is traditionally very big at Auburn, but honestly they're just living off of it.

By: Honest Opinion
by: accurateMay 17, 2014 5:09:29 PM

Whoever made the comment of girls really wanting to go to Old South for the pics was spot on. Me and a few of my sisters agreed to go this year and it wasn't for the guys.

By: accurate
by: Try hardsMay 23, 2014 9:10:16 PM

They shotgun bid a bunch of kids last weekend to get ahead of the other big fraternities in numbers. They gun for quantity an not quality. And people wonder why their brothers get worse every year...

By: Try hards
#4  by: Honest Unbiased   

SIGMA PI -
Pros: A fraternity rising at a steady rate. They have a pretty cool house on old row. Their parties are very few, but they always save up for one very big named artist each semester; those parties tend to be really big and a lot of fun. They're also a bit smaller in number which gives them a close brotherhood.

Cons: Their name still isn't that big yet. Because of this, their pledge classes tend to be of average quality, and they don't have a very big pull on the top tier sororities or Auburn's better looking girls. They also don't have as much money as other big fraternities so they can be limited to what they do.

Pledge here if you're looking for a medium sized fraternity that's on the rise with a great brotherhood.

by: RE: moneyApr 11, 2014 7:21:39 PM

I wouldn't say they don't have money, considering they just built a pretty big party barn beside their house that's probably the nicest in Auburn unless you count KAs new shed. Also for a pro, they're most known on campus for being heavily involved in IFC, SGA, ect groups on campus. As a con you have to mention the location of their house and being beside sig ep, it's not convenient for top sorority girls to just don't walk that far down Old Row unless they have a reason too.

By: RE: money
by: Sigma PiApr 16, 2014 8:00:12 PM

This is one of my new favorite houses. They are some of the sweetest guys on campus. I have always been treated with respect and always have a good time. There are some other more well know fraternities that my sorority sisters hang with, but I like hanging with these guys. They are interested in making a difference at Auburn.

By: Sigma Pi
by: New party barnMay 17, 2014 1:35:38 PM

One word--awesome!

By: New party barn
by: sigma piJun 12, 2014 1:03:25 PM

Is definitely improving fast. They are beginning to pull the hottest girls from ZTA, Kappa, GPB, and DZ. They're also mostly all gentlemen

By: sigma pi
by: Great guysJun 12, 2014 3:19:41 PM

They pull from all the sororities! I know some guys date PhiMu's, AOPi's AXO's AGD as well.

By: Great guys
by: Yes!Jun 12, 2014 4:16:11 PM

And some date Thetas, Tri Delts, AXiDs
And Sigma Kappas too!

By: Yes!
by: @WDEJun 24, 2014 5:32:43 PM

I call B.S. Sigma Pi's are great guys who are involved on campus.

By: @WDE
#5  by: Honest Unbiased   

LAMBDA CHI -
Pros: Their house is located on a great spot downtown giving easy access to the bars. Like Sigma Pi, they save up for one big named artist to play each semester that tends to be a hit. They're back on the rise after a 2 year probation. Their freshman class is very good with attractive and fun guys; hopefully it'll start a trend.

Cons: Though their freshman class is pretty great, the majority of their brothers are weird and really douchey. They recently absorbed Sigma Chi's freshman class after they got kicked off campus, which accounts for most of the reason they had a great spring class. This has given them the bad nickname/rep as "Lambda Sigma Chi" which doesn't help their cause to make a push back to the top. They also are pretty disliked by most of the other fraternities due to how their brothers act like arrogant douche bags downtown and because they generally have a bad attitude to other houses. They also don't have the best pull on the top tier sororities like some of the other top tier fraternities.

Pledge here if you're looking for a rising fraternity with a solid social life and a cool house in downtown Auburn.

by: YepApr 28, 2014 9:08:19 PM

I agree with this. Lambda Chi overhypes themselves because the used to be a solid fraternity years ago. They honestly aren't as good as their brothers think and still have a ways to go before even getting in the top 7 in my opinion. Rising, yes, but not as fast as they'd like to think.

By: Yep
by: WDEJun 21, 2014 10:29:53 AM

The seniors who just graduated and the seniors this year are good dudes, some of the middle kids are ok. Freshman class is good but maybe a little too wild for their own good

By: WDE
#6  by: Honest Unbiased   

ATO -
Pros: They are a decent fraternity that has very good involvement on campus, great grades, and some pull on the goody good top tier sororities like Chi O and Alpha Gam. They have a solid foot in SGA and IFC, which really helps them get good football seating and have a word on what happens around campus. Like Fiji, they have good connections for jobs after college.

Cons: They're basically a much lesser version of Fiji. Their brothers aren't very attractive and therefor they are more in the friend zone with the top tier girls they bring in. They notoriously have one of the worst, if not THE worst, fraternity house in Auburn. Their social life is virtually non-existent - never have any house parties or big parties in general; socials are about all they do. Their brothers, though smart, are pretty weird and the fraternity has a poor financial base.

Pledge here if you're looking to be involved on campus
and have a great job after college.

#7  by: Honest Unbiased   

Finally, take adderall. It's the only way I was able to do this. Hope this helps all of you boys rushing in the fall! Can't wait to see the groups the fraternities bring in this year!

We sororities love you guys!!!

by: WowMay 17, 2014 1:22:33 PM

I'm very impressed! You made the best list ever on here! I don't think any listing has ever gotten this much approval

By: Wow
by: Good jobJun 3, 2014 8:58:19 AM

Thought out and accurate. This is a great review of the top 10 fraternities

By: Good job
#8  by: AXO   

I can personally say that theta chi is probably the fraternity that we hang out the most with. I also do see mostly zetas, phi mus, and gamma phis there a lot too. I can say, and most girls will agree, that those boys don't get nearly the credit the deserve. They're so much fun, nice, and good looking! It's just the other fraternities that say all of the negative things about them. The other fraternities will probably attack my post for saying this but whatever it's the nature of this site. Anyway, this is a very spot on list and I completely agree! Good work!

By: AXO
by: AU GalApr 14, 2014 6:23:07 PM

I have to agree with AXO. I am a Phi Mu and went to Theta Chi's formal in Orlando. Being on a bus to Orlando I got to know many of the other girls on my bus and there were several Alpha Gams, Zetas, DZs, ADPis, AXOs, XOs and so on. My point is that Theta Chi is not exclusive and date girls just because of what sorority a girl is in. They date girls who are fun, pretty and nice. They date the girl not the sorority. That shows they are not try hards like many other fraternities. My pledge sisters love Theta Chi. Not just because they are hot and fun but nice.

By: AU Gal
#9  by: Wow   

Yep yep

By: Wow
#10  by: Panhellenic    

Very good list!! Very thought out and accurate! I agree with all of the reviews!

By: Panhellenic

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.