facebook

grades

by: confused

I transferred from another school where my GPA was 3.5 and I had at my first semester at UF I had all B's and one D which killed my GPA like below 3.0. I also had like a 3.9 in high school. I am taking summer classes now and am getting As and Bs, I was wondering when they ask for GPA how would I enter it in? Would I just average my overall college GPA? How badly does this hurt my chances, I am an incoming junior and am pretty involved with things.

Posted By: confused
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: It depends   

How far below a 3.0? Like... a 2.9 or a 2.3? Because if it's below like a 2.8 you're going to have a tough time.

By: It depends
#2  by: yes   

average all your semesters, don't include summer B. Maybe mention somewhere that you are doing B if there's a place to.

By: yes
#3  by: Syd   

It is your UF GPA only. Nothing else will matter. That's what will be sent to the sororities as well for verification. If it's a 2.8 or lower, then I would reconsider rushing this year. You're going to have problems.

By: Syd
#4  by: Syd   

Sorry, but that's not correct. Once she's a UF student, only her UF GPA counts. If she's taking Summer A at UF, then those grades will probably get included too, but not if it's at another school. It's also doubtful that Summer B will get into the system in time for it to be included in the GPA provided to the sororities.

Bottom line is your GPA needs to match what UF provides to the sororities for verification.

By: Syd
#5  by: oh man   

it sounds like you are screwed!

By: oh man

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.