facebook

legacy

by: PNM

I hear that Kappa Delta does not look closely at their legacies at UF. I am a legacy from this chapter....is it true?

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: uf   

My friend was a KD legacy and got cut after round two. It probably gets you on their radar but they won't take you just because like ADPi will.

By: uf
by: GatorMay 28, 2015 6:06:14 PM

Same happened to me, but I'm glad they cut me early once they knew I wouldn't fit in well there

By: Gator
by: yes, its trueMay 28, 2015 7:30:09 PM

When I was at UF in the late 80's KD was lower tiered. A friend of mine was a KD and her daughter went through last year and was cut. My daughter is going through this year and she is a legacy at AOPi through her grandmother. Wondering the same thing.

By: yes, its true
by: Happy Where I AmMay 28, 2015 7:33:57 PM

I was a legacy at KD last year....my mom was a KD at UF. They cut me after Round 2 and it was obvious that they kept me there just because I was a legacy. I pledged at another great house and am very happy where I am. It is hard though after you know how much KD meant to my mom. She is happy for me and I am glad to have found a great group of friends of my own!

By: Happy Where I Am
by: -May 28, 2015 8:35:29 PM

It is not certain that ADPi will take you if you're a legacy. Yes they do take a good amount of legacies but many are dropped. Just wanted to clear that up because it's important PNM's know this.

By: -
by: uhMay 28, 2015 9:30:33 PM

Can we please address why a (presumably) 60 something year old woman is on greek rank...?

By: uh
by: to UhMay 29, 2015 11:05:43 AM

Uh....you are rude. I am a mother and have been involved as an alumni greek with my sorority for many years. I am on here because my daughter will be going through rush. Hopefully she wont be coming across attitudes like her. Have some respect. I was getting views on upcoming rush and wanted to give her some guidance. Is that wrong? Be respectful. And, I am not 60 - I am 49.

By: to Uh
by: to uhMay 29, 2015 5:33:38 PM

You don't need to apologize and I understand that this is not the board to get "real" advice - remember I am 49 years old and have been through what you 18-25 year olds have already experienced. I was simply looking up to see what valuable information I could obtain from here so I could talk to my daughter intelligently and "up to date". I don't think it is fair for there to be a thought that this board is "college aged" women only. I mean, its a board for the exchange of information and I just think that UF students (who presumably are smart) and Greek women (who are supposed to be taught manners and respect by any house) would not be so combative because I am a grown woman. I mean, I might be 49 but I am not dead. I find this interesting anyway and yes, I have a life. I am a very busy attorney so I don't live to lurk or hang around greek boards. Have a great rush.

By: to uh
#2  by: @ yesitstrue   

From what they've shown, aopi couldn't care less about keeping legacies so I would tell your daughter to keep an open mind.. I know a girl in their sorority who had her younger sister get dropped. it made them look really bad & everyone heard about it.
Legacy only gets you so far.

By: @ yesitstrue
#3  by: True   

The tier system has greater power than a legacy in most houses. That is true for KD.

By: True
#4  by: goes both ways    

I am from a middle-tiered chapter, and the same is true in mostly all chapters. My house usually sees anywhere from 10-20 something legacies each year and from that, half are cut by us, and then from that half, half of those legacies that we kept end up coming to us. So we typically end up with around 1/4 of the legacies that come through. There are mutual cuts from both the chapter and the PNM legacies

By: goes both ways
by: ^May 29, 2015 9:13:30 PM

I just wanted to add that I don't like how the whole legacy cutting thing happens. It is very sad, but unfortunately with over 1,000 girls going through recruitment, and chapters with 200+ opinions, they can't all be kept

By: ^
#5  by: Uh   

As someone who kinda knows how it works, it lets them to start looking you up now and finding things about you, they wont cut you first of prefs but in between is fair game

By: Uh
#6  by: hey now   

Every house honors legacies. Theres not houses that keep more legacies because they have to. There maybe more legacies that fit in well into that chapter. I will say being a legacy does get your foot in the door at practically any chapter but then it just depends on if they think you would enjoy the chapter whole heartedly or not. If you're a legacy and you are dropped from that chapter it's because that chapter (who knows their chapter better than a PNM) believes that another chapter would make you happier/better fit. Recruitment can be hard on any girl you just have to stay positive and keep your head up. No girl or chapter is better than the other. There are just chapters that better suits for different girls. Tier systems are bogus and don't pay any attention to them. I believe that every girl ends up where they are supposed to as long as they go in with an open and positive mind set. Rush can be hard but don't let it get you down!!

By: hey now
by: NoMay 31, 2015 2:02:33 PM

KD does not "honor" their legacies. Period.

By: No
#7  by: Pandajo   

UF sororities Do not honor legacies! If know girls in the sorority that’s more important.

By: Pandajo

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.