facebook

the right answers

by: sophomore pnm

so I will be rushing as a sophomore. I didn't rush as a freshman because I had few older friends and even fewer who even went to college. I didn't know greek life was something that people like me did, and I didn't know that for being only 15% of students, greek life is the biggest thing on campus.

what are the "right" answers to rush questions? What do they wanna hear as to why I'm rushing so late? Also, what do they want to hear about other topics, such as majors, living on/off campus (big one since I'm trying to decide where to live next year), and involvement? (I don't wanna show off how involved I am if they'd think I'd be too busy for sorority stuff, since I'd drop some activities obviously.)

Posted By: sophomore pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yo   

The right answers are not to care about these things. Seriously that's the biggest thing to understand: they're really not psychoanalyzing these details, it's just a girl talking to you to see if you get along/are cool/would be fun to hang out with. Live where you want. Tell them you never knew how big and involved Greek life was. Talk about whatever. Chill.

By: Yo
#2  by: Honesty   

Okay so there are a couple donts like boys. Don't ask/talk about boys. If you have a boyfriend and want to talk about that because he's a part of your life that's fine. Don't ask about frats. You're joining a sisterhood so care more about us than them. Involvement? Yes. You want to be as involved as possible.

Everything else just be honest. If you have questions about finance (dues) or if you get asked why you rushed late just be honest. All they're interested in is getting to know you. And if they don't like you for who you are then it's going to be a miserable 3 years for you. And also people can tell when your fake and no one likes that.

By: Honesty
#3  by: :)   

There are no "right" answers. Just be yourself, and talk to us like we're your friend, instead of someone rushing you. Trying too hard to give the right answer can make you seem fake. As far as involvement, DO talk about that! We love involved girls! We want to see how much you've done with your first year on campus, so the more involved you are, the better! Where you live doesnt matter, and us asking your major is just a convo starter while we try to get to know you. And when they ask why you waited, be honest! I rushed as a sophmore, and i waited because i wasnt sure it was right for me, but a month into freshman year saw how much i was missing! Be honest! Think of it more as speed-dating for friends, instead of a series of interviews, relax, and just have a normal conversation. Good luck!!

By: :)

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.