facebook

what sorority to look out for based on what you wa

by: UF19

Hi, I'll be a freshman in the fall and I'm doing a little "research" on the sororities here. I get that this site can get a little catty and biased, but I'm just excited about rushing in the fall and wanted to see what the general opinions about each house were. I was reading UVa's GR a while back when I was considering going to school there and saw someone described the sororities based on "what you want". I thought it was a really positive way to show perspective and benefits of each house and was hoping some of y'all might put in your two cents.

Heres the original post: www.greekrank.com/uni/35/topic/484988/what-sorority-to-join- based-on-what-you-want/

Posted By: UF19
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: I'll try a few   

Truth is no one can really say anything about all the chapters because it's too hard to characterize so many ladies at once but:

Zeta: 'top of the top', do you like dancing/cheering/looking hot and taking instagram photos? do you like using the crown emoji?

ADPi: do you wanna rock white lace dresses and cowboy boots on gamedays? do you want to be blonde and have lots of your sisters attend doulos with you?

DG: make sure you're ready for tanning as your occupation, gettin' crazy and being one of the most talked about on campus, always good to make sure you look cute in navy and sailor themed things too

DZ: want to be apart of the newest sorority to campus? are you a fan of mixing trendiness and southern class? do you like turtles?

AXO: do you want to do your own thing? want to have lots of variety in your sisterhood? do you want the freedom to not have your letters carry a 'stereotype' behind them?

Phi Mu: have you ever dreamt of living in a pink house? do you like that 'typical sorority' vibe with maybe not as much of the social pressure? these are real chicks who will be there for you

Deeph: these are the girls who will ditch the pearls and vineyard vines and lily and break out the converse and leather.south florida/out of state, if you want something different from the rest of greek life, this is it.

By: I'll try a few
#2  by: ^   

Agreed with above. Left out a lot of sororities though.

DDD- Do you want to be blonde and rich? (lol who doesn't though) Do you want to live on the biggest mansion on row? Do you want to be seen as kind of catty and self ranking a lot? They're beautiful, but they're catty.

KD- Do you want to be hot and popular? Do you want to be considered classy? Do you want to try and fight for the top spot on ranks? Nice girls, a little obsessed with looks and ranks.

AOPi- Do you want to party hard? Do you want to flash the camera? A little rougher than the normal sorority girls, these girls know how to have a good time.

Theta- Do you want to act superior to everyone and self rank? Do you want to be passionate about your popularity? Nice group of girls, go here if you want to think highly of yourself.

Pi Phi- Do you like to party? Do you like to be close to fraternity houses? Do you like to be a little quirky but pretty all the same? If so, this is the house for you.

XO- Do you like to be pretty but boring? Do you like to be classy but not as popular with the fraternities? If you value sisterhood over boys, this is a good house for you.

KKG- Do you like to be kind of unimpressive but still relatively pretty? This is a good house for you if you are relatively normal but don't stand out in a crowd.

SK- Are you a little quirky? Do you want to be with sisters who are nice and non judgmental? If you are a little bit odd and want to feel accepted somewhere, this is the right house

By: ^
#3  by: Ehh   

Houses have certain personalities yes but they're all so big at UF every chapter will be a mix. Honestly recruitment is the only way to feel it out. I went in thinking which houses I'd want and was completely wrong. Keep an open mind and remember every house is diverse.

By: Ehh
#4  by: Alternate   

STATUS?
1. Looks
ZTA's may not have much in common with one another but they are almost all hotties. Undisputed. But shallow bond.
2. Miss Perfect
KD's care about being sweet or cool as well as beautiful. Politicians wives but that means fakeness too.
3. $$$$$$$$$
Tridelt's mansion is not a mistake- they want you to know how they see themselves. Princesses or ruthless social climbers.. You've had a nose job right?

PARTIES?
1. Ultra
AOPi's live in American Apparel, Cantina, and Sofla (duh.) There's been fuss about the picture of seniors flashing on their last bid day, not traditional/conservative, but it's kind of silly bonding so... You might be really annoying for being judgey.
2. Rehab-Bound Ratchets
DG. I can't. I won't even get into the insults, examples of them voluntarily dragging our Greek system down are to easy to find. Join if you're looking... To get back at your absent parents?
3. Huff Socks
Theta is the female version of Totally Kyle. Flower headbands and filtered Instagram pictures for everyone.

SOUTHERN?????
ADPI's are knock-out pageant girls, sweeter than sweet tea (unless you're an outcast legacy) (50% of them are) No middle ground.

SISTERHOOD
1. Well-Rounded
DZ is above average, but not #1, in looks, social life, and involvement. Pretty, sweet, respectable, stays out of the spotlight.
2. Girl Next Door
Chi O is lovable, very "part of something bigger than yourself." More average girls but stands out in sisterhood, any house will tell you.

By: Alternate
by: ThisMar 10, 2015 12:41:09 AM

Quality

By: This
by: WowMar 21, 2015 9:45:47 PM

Thankful for people like you in this world...

By: Wow

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.