facebook

sorority spring rush

by: Gatorgirl

As a sophomore, I really don't want to wait to rush until fall. I was wondering, as of now, which houses are planning on doing rush? Or which ones are most likely to? I have made a lot of friends in Greek and they are saying they'll bring my to their house in spring. Would that make me likely of a snap bid at least? I really want to join greek.

Posted By: Gatorgirl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Spring   

You wouldn't be getting a snap bid, it's just a normal bid in the spring. And don't count on too many houses doing it. Last year, very few gave out bids and only Deeph participated in actual spring rush. And this year, the pledge classes were huge so I don't think there will be a lot of bids to go around.

By: Spring
#2  by: no   

The quota was so large this year that spring rush is very unlikely for many houses. The spring rush is usually for the lower end houses who lose their pledges or did not make quota. You are better waiting until next year.

By: no
#3  by: no no   

All houses met their quota in the fall rush (top, middle, low tier). All houses lose pledges regardless of what tier! Spring rush is for houses who have bids available. I wouldn't count on many if any for this spring. Wish people would stop hating on the "lower" tier houses.

By: no no
by: NoSep 25, 2014 1:31:36 PM

I believe SK has the biggest pledge class of all of them this year.

By: No
by: MegSep 30, 2014 8:55:53 AM

This is totally true! I also wish people would stop it with the so-called lower tiers. We all know someone in each chapter and realize that things aren't always what they seem. There IS misery in the top tiers; not everyone has a good experience there. The lower tiers DO tend to have tighter bonds and better friendships. Not all girls care to be in full makeup trying to impress frat boys constantly.

By: Meg
by: YES.Sep 30, 2014 1:52:34 PM

Bingo. Back ten years ago, there were big gaps between tiers in terms of house size (SK was much smaller than ZTA, etc etc). Today, all of the houses are basically the same size, regardless of "tier." And therefore, spring recruitment isn't as much about "tier" anymore. For instance, in Spring 2012, most houses took spring classes. You can see on the "Greek Grade Report" that houses like DG and AOPi took classes just like Phi Mu that year. In Spring 2013 too, a majority of houses took spring NMs. I don't think the Spring 2014 list is posted yet so IDK.

A house is allowed to take spring New Members if they are below the number Panhellenic has set for house total, and I am unsure if house total was raised after this year's recruitment. If not, with the record-breaking large fall classes, there could be fewer houses recruiting in spring, but it won't necessarily have anything to do with tier.

By: YES.

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.