facebook

sororities known for having a strong sisterhood?

by: Curious

I know Each sorority member will vie for their own, but which sororities are best known for being really close with their sisters?

Posted By: Curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Sisterhood   

Every house has some form of a strong sisterhood but for the most part a lot of the "lower tier" houses tend to have very close sisterhoods since they aren't caught up with looking the hottest or partying the hardest, but rather being the closest with their sisters. Phi Mu, Sigma Kappa, and Alpha Chi Omega are all very tight knit.

By: Sisterhood
#2  by: Sisters   

The lower tiers do tend to be closer. But the middles have some very strong sisterhoods as well. Chi O, AXO, Kappa, and DZ are all tight-knit from what I can tell

By: Sisters
by: ehhSep 28, 2014 8:20:22 PM

I'm not so sure about DZ having a great sisterhood...the others do for sure

By: ehh
by: hey ehhSep 28, 2014 11:50:45 PM

DZ does have a great sisterhood. It's a great sorority and all the sisters are very happy. Don't be a hater.

By: hey ehh
by: GuestSep 29, 2014 12:01:41 AM

I have personally seen that chi omegas and kappas have amazingly close sisterhoods!

By: Guest
by: DZSep 30, 2014 11:08:10 AM

not trying to be mean about DZ. i know some great girls in DZ, but im just saying that they do have quite a bit of drama in their house. I just wouldn't list them in the top sisterhoods

By: DZ
by: RE: DZSep 30, 2014 6:05:21 PM

Let's not fool anyone by singling out just the DZ house. Every sorority house has drama. To what extent is only known amongst the sorority itself. If you want to make an accusation start with your own house my friend

By: RE: DZ
by: RE: DZOct 7, 2014 10:09:07 PM

i have a lot of friends in DZ and they have never had any drama in their house, they're all super happy in their sorority and have such a tight sisterhood

By: RE: DZ
by: M.K.Oct 8, 2014 6:30:51 AM

Delta Zeta has a wonderful sisterhood from what I've seen. So do the others. This is a very happy house.

By: M.K.
#3  by: uh   

From what I've seen (and to add some different tiers) : DZ, AChiO, and KD are all close. I'd say as far as sisterhood goes that KD probably ranks a bit higher than the others in that tier. Likewise for DZ/AXO and Phi Mu.

By: uh
#4  by: Observations    

DZ, Kappa, Chi O, AXO (all middle-tier sororities) have the strongest sisterhoods/least amount of drama and cattiness from what I have observed. The girls seem to genuinely like each other and love their sorority and are there for the right reasons. I am not in one of these chapters but have friends in each and in chapters across UF and that is what I have observed.

By: Observations
#5  by: agree   

KD, I've heard Theta, DZ, Chi O, and Kappa all have good sisterhoods. The notable disappointing sisterhoods are ZTA and the outskirts of ADPi. It's not about tier, although there is a tendency to put status above sisters if you're social climbing.

By: agree
by: AgreeOct 20, 2014 8:54:56 PM

This is accurate. I have a close friend in Zeta and it really all about social status, wearing the accepted uniform of the moment, posing for photos and pretending everyone is having the times of their lives. If you like competition and drama, go there because there's plenty of it in that house. They're noted for their disappointing sisterhood, as stated above. My friend talks to maybe five other sisters. They're a fractured chapter for sure.

By: Agree
#6  by: truth   

this is so incorrect and just coming from lower tier girls. Honestly during rush phi mu and other low tier sororities asked me back after i had the most awful or awkward conversations. They don't care about sisterhood and who they actually like and click with...they want anyone they can get and that is the truth

By: truth
by: truthhhhOct 2, 2014 9:41:06 AM

Actually you are completely wrong and ignorant. All of this is not from low tier girls. Let me explain to you why you kept getting invited back to the lower tier houses regardless of your "awkward" conversation... It's because the top and middle tier houses had cut you! The lower tier houses didn't cut you because they were open minded to your potential. Small mind = small person.

By: truthhhh
by: 2Oct 2, 2014 2:52:39 PM

person above me is right. You may have not been wanted back by the lower tier houses but the system maximizes your parties so you may have had to still go back to them. Many people incorrectly think these houses really want you back and thats why you have them on your list.

By: 2
by: noOct 2, 2014 3:56:41 PM

This is straight up incorrect. Believe it or not, a lot of "lower tier" houses cut girls just like "top tier" houses do. You are only invited back because they (clearly wrongfully) saw potential in you and felt like you would fit in with their sisterhood.
Also, it is true that the houses that aren't concerned with popularity, rankings, etc tend to have closer sisterhoods. Go to any intramural sporting event and the houses that are so called "lower tier" have the most girls out there cheering on their sisters with posters, etc.

By: no

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.