By: this one
#3  by: changing?   

that is pretty much how italwys was.

By: changing?
#4  by: ^   

that has been that way for a few years. not new

By: ^
#5  by: ehh   

it hasn't always been this way, but I will say that the new pledge classes are like this more or less

By: ehh
#6  by: what?   

Theta is still the hottest!

By: what?
by: ah huApr 13, 2014 9:34:31 PM

yes theta is still number 1

By: ah hu
by: denialApr 14, 2014 12:54:50 AM

lol theta, you've always been #2 ^ah hu

By: denial
by: ummApr 14, 2014 1:19:22 PM

Theta is pretty dang hot

By: umm
#7  by: lilygirl   

My mom is a DG from another state so I'm wondering if pledging DG would be a big mistake for me at LMU or are all the sororities good and they are just the smallest? I think it would be amazing to share this bond with my mom, but my friends warn me that it can be harsh on some campuses to be in a sorority that nobody likes or respects. So, give it to me straight. What's the deal?

By: lilygirl
by: @lilygirlApr 22, 2014 10:46:46 PM

Honestly, they aren't a top notch group, but they have some really cool girls. You really should just go through recruitment and decide for yourself. There will be lots of legacies to lots of sororities. It really isn't a big deal. My mom was a dg and I chose a different sorority. Some people choose their mom's/sister's sororities and some don't. Keep an open mind. You might really like them and you might be able to help them improve. Or you might find another group and be happy there.

By: @lilygirl
by: honestApr 25, 2014 6:09:03 PM

DG is not as bad as people on this site rank it to be. I'm in another sorority but a couple of my best friends outside my own sorority are DGs. They've always been considered 3rd, but some people are saying they had a bad pledge class, but even if that's true (which i doubt its that bad) they would drop down one rank at the MOST. They wouldn't go to the bottom. In fraternity's eyes I still feel like they're ranked 3rd, cause they party a lot, especially with Sigma Chi which is a top tier frat. Honestly though it's all about where you feel like you connect to the girls the most. Your moms experience in DG could be very different from your since chapters are different everywhere you go. Just get to know as many girls as possible and join where you feel you have made the most genuine friendships.

By: honest
by: ehApr 27, 2014 7:04:39 PM

I personally haven't met many DGs that I really liked. Most of the girls I've met have been shallow and sort of ditzy. There are maybe a couple that I'm friends with, but most of them don't give off a very good vibe. However, I do know that there are people who love them so they can't be all that bad. It's really up to you and how you go through recruitment. Just keep an open mind and be yourself. You'll be sure to find the right group of sisters for you. I had a lot of expectations going into recruitment just because of the things I read on this site. You might be surprised at what just feels natural to you with a certain sorority.

By: eh
#8  by: Not true at all   

If you're looking on this site trying to get a better feel for sororities you should know that DG is not at all what people here are making it out to be. It has always been a to tier along with Aphi and Theta. No one on campus would ever call it the bottom house, not even close.

By: Not true at all
by: yepApr 30, 2014 11:03:35 PM

thank you! I don't understand what all of this is about. if anything has changed, DZ has gotten a lot better over the past couple years and is now on par with Pi Phi. DDD has gotten worse. Aphi and Theta are still at the top with DG close behind.

Old rankings
Aphi/Theta
DG
Pi Phi
DDD
DZ

New rankings
Aphi/Theta
DG/Pi Phi/DZ
DDD

By: yep
by: what?May 1, 2014 3:20:47 AM

dg recruited a lot of weirdos, and they definitely are not in the same tier as Aphi and Theta.

Aphi/Theta
Pi Phi
DG
DZ
DDD

By: what?
by: my opinionMay 2, 2014 9:16:40 PM

Go where you feel comfortable. If you are young, good-looking and social, you will probably feel most comfortable in Theta, Alpha Phi or Pi Phi. All the sororities are good though.

By: my opinion
#9  by: Nice try alpha Phi   

Alpha Phi
Y'all have never ever been number one at this school.

By: Nice try alpha Phi
by: LiOny May 11, 2014 7:00:34 PM

I truly hope you are joking

By: LiOny
#10  by: Lion   

aphi and theta are tied because both of their 2014 PCs are great.
pi phi and dg next because they are picking up now and are fun.
and dg because they still are a great sorority with a really nice PC this year.
dz next. they are a really cute group of kind girls.
ddd last but only because you don't see them out much. the girls i know in tri delt are quiet but nice.

By: Lion
by: ^May 25, 2014 11:34:18 AM

no way is dg that high. they have had a rough couple of years and they are barely hanging on. Seriously.

By: ^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.