facebook

chances of getting a sorority bid with 3.0?

by: ksuclassof2019

I'll be going to KSU next year and i plan to rush a sorority. Currently I have a 2.8 unweighted GPA but I am determined to get it up by the end of my senior year to at least a 3.0, hopefully higher. How good are my chances of getting a bid if it's a 3.0? I'm friends with many girls currently in houses, I was super involved in high school and I have the stereotypical look of a sorority girl

Posted By: ksuclassof2019
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: RollSnyd   

Ignore the previous response. Whoever that was was being rude.
Most houses have a high school GPA cut off at 3.2, but you might not necessarily get cut for having something lower than that. One of the ladies I talked to during recruitment was automatically cut by our chapter because we don't make exceptions for GPAs. But she ended up in a fantastic house that is usually top in grades anyway!
Don't stress about getting a bid, though. It's Kansas. Nothing is cut-throat here! Be more concerned about your personality and what you have to offer than you are about your looks or resume!
I hope this helps! Happy senior year!

By: RollSnyd
by: ksuclassof2019Sep 22, 2014 8:24:28 PM

thank you! the makes me feel a lot better :)

By: ksuclassof2019
#2  by: ksuclassof2019   

ok wow you're so rude, i doubt you're even in a sorority

By: ksuclassof2019
by: Get OutOct 11, 2014 10:19:43 AM

lol good luck during recruitment next year. But really, especially if you aren't in a sorority yet don't call yourself a sorority girl.....because you're not.

By: Get Out
#3  by: sorry   

they're not just looking for a "typical sorority girl". it doesn't work like that. don't go into rush thinking you'll get a bid just because you think you fit the spot. they'll sense that and you'll be done. as for grades, 3.2 or you're out for formal. if houses are desperate to fill spots, they'll take you with a 3.1 for COB

By: sorry
#4  by: sorority   

With a GPA that low you won't get in any house that has girls with the typical sorority look. We don't care about looks. We care about grades. only the bottom houses have grades that low. A lot of the sororities require a 3.4 to get a bid sooo. good luck.

By: sorority

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.