facebook

sororities

by: rush

I am a freshmen and I am going to rush in the fall. I have been looking at this site and realize that the rankings on here are really just based on looks. So I was wondering if someone could give me a ranking of the housed more based on the whole package. If you were to rank then on involvement with their philanthropy and campus, classiness, social life, looks, sisterhood, and academics what would it be then?

Posted By: rush
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: IMHO   

In no exact order but tiers...

Top: zeta, chi o, adpi

Middle: aphi, dz, axid, phi sig

Bottom: kd, sk, sdt

Like I said this is just the impression I get from socials and seeing them on campus and during Greek week/Phil week events. This leaves out academics because I dont know those details

By: IMHO
by: HmJul 1, 2015 10:59:57 AM

This isn't too far off. It doesn't make the houses listed as bottom bad, it just means that their presence in these areas isn't noticed, or just isn't there.

It's tough to say who's overall the best. Sorority of the Year seems to be who turns in the best application, IMHO it hasn't reflected the best sorority overall the past couple of years. You could debate this for a while.

By: Hm
by: OkJul 1, 2015 11:55:02 AM

I think I agree with that top post, but idk if idk would be in the top still. They are gorgeous but I don't know why else they would be top? But yea they aren't bad every house has something great to offer there are just some that I think offer more and are more well rounded

By: Ok
by: Read this. Jul 8, 2015 10:07:58 AM

If you're going through recruitment, don't look at this page. I'm a senior at URI and heavily involved in Greek Life. This page does not represent any sorority accurately, only negatively. There are comments from people who not even go through URI.

There are no TIERS, either. Each chapter has unique qualities that make them special. When you go through recruitment, you HAVE to put the stereotypes away. If you don't, and you go through the process thinking you want to be in a "top tier" house, you WILL end up disappointed.

You can't choose what chapter you want to be in now. Wait until September. Go through the process. Be honest with yourself about what you want out of Greek Life. It's not for social and partying. Sure that's part of it, but if you're in it for the sisterhood and the community service and the leadership opportunities it presents you to, you will be MUCH happier. Trust me.

By: Read this.
by: OkJul 8, 2015 4:14:00 PM

That's why this post was made lmao they're ranked by involvement, sisterhood and philanthropy

by: FratenityJul 18, 2015 1:04:58 AM

Wait what? This website is awful haha. Adpi is the top, after that it's a phi (although they are going downhill) and then dz is third. Then SDT then ZTA and then sig kappa. Absolutely unreal how this got multiple thumbs up. It's completely false.

By: Fratenity
#2  by: Grades   

Even the houses with lower GPAs still have good GPAs. They are usually higher than the all student and all female average GPA. You need a certain GPA to maintain membership.

By: Grades
#3  by: -.-   

Aphi and Dz are top tier along with ADPI. Anyone who disagrees is delusional or doesn not go to URI.

By: -.-
by: UhJul 1, 2015 5:26:00 PM

READ THE OP. That's not up for debate as far as everyone being skinny and hot. The OP asked about a lot of OTHER stuff, including philanthropy, grades, campus participation, classiness, and sisterhood. I'd argue DZ is close to top for some of that stuff, but NOT APhi.

By: Uh
#4  by: To uh   

They did raise 14,000 $ for philanthropy last semester which I am pretty sure is more than any other sorority.

By: To uh
by: ?Jul 1, 2015 8:50:30 PM

Alpha Phi keeps throwing that $14,000 number around....how exactly did that money get raised? Parent and alumni donations? Doesn't take a lot of effort to ask Mommy and Daddy to write a check and then dress up for a banquet.

Community service means more when it involves actual service. Just sayin'.

By: ?
by: OkJul 1, 2015 9:28:38 PM

Yea they did and other sororities have raised even more than that and more than them for other organizations for habitat for humanity. I think a phi does well with philanthropy but lack in other areas so that's why I think they should be middle. I think other sororities are better looking, classier, more involved on campus, and more well rounded than alpha phi.

by: ActuallyJul 5, 2015 7:38:05 AM

KD raised over 20k for there shamrock event so no lol

By: Actually
by: yaaJul 7, 2015 7:24:02 PM

Almost every sorority raised that much if not more for their philanthropy. So that is not something that is making APhi stand out as a well rounded sorority.

By: yaa
by: but that's none of my b..Jul 14, 2015 6:14:56 PM

Aphi raised the most $ for habitat during greek week. Chi O was 2nd.

By: but that's none of my b..
#5  by: Yup   

I agree with the first poster almost completely, but also think DZ is more motivated to be a well rounded house than the other so called top houses like ADPi or APhi.

Looking at the past year, seems like DZ, ChiO, and ZTA are houses that are good "all around".

By: Yup
#6  by: First poster    

I still agree with what I said before. I think dz could switch with adpi for sure but idk about now. If I had to do a complete ranking for the most WELL ROUNDED sorority, I would say, zeta, chi o, adpi, dz, phi sig, axid, aphi, sk, sdt, kd. I only put kd last because I still consider them to be new. Looks and popularity account for maybe 15% of this. Just my opinion

By: First poster
#7  by: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   

I agree with the rankings on this topic 100% If the tier system worked this way year round, more well rounded girls would be inclined to rush and wouldn't be afraid of being dismissed based on looks. That being said, I'd say these are the real tiers IMHO based on how they are at our socials, classiness, sisterhood, Phil and campus activity. Adpi, dz and aphi are Deff still top if we're only looking at their legs and tans, but other than that...

By: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
by: wellJul 3, 2015 2:20:41 PM

I also agree with the above "well rounded" ranking. It would be cool if PNMs heard more members of greek life talking about being a good house overall, instead of who was the hottest. I also agree that there are a lot of girls at URI who would be excellent sorority members, but they don't think greek life is for them because of the stereotyping and focus on appearance.

By: well
#8  by: Gotta know dis   

So based on the sororities overall, what would the rankings be?

By: Gotta know dis
by: ImhoJul 5, 2015 11:12:15 AM

Overall Sorority Rankings:

(My opinion based on leadership and campus involvement, philanthropy, academics, classiness and personalities of members, good Greek relations, looks, social life, chapter houses).

Top: ZTA, ChiO, DZ

Middle: ADPi, AXiD, APhi, PSS

Bottom: KD, SK, SDT

By: Imho
by: This is my opinionJul 5, 2015 2:55:40 PM

zeta, chi o, dz, adpi, phi sig, axid, aphi, sk, sdt, kd.

By: This is my opinion
#9  by: H   

Chi o
Zeta
Dz
Adpi
Pss
Azd
Kd
SDt
Sk

Just my opinion

By: H
by: ...Jul 12, 2015 11:38:16 PM

You forgot Aphi

By: ...
by: ...Jul 12, 2015 11:40:08 PM

I would switch ChiO and Zeta and then put in Aphi somewhere between Adpi and Azd. Otherwise accurate.

By: ...
by: HJul 13, 2015 9:15:16 AM

Aphi under azd

By: H
#10  by: Bump   

Bumping..the rankings are a little different, but the discussion is good.

By: Bump

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.