facebook

pledge?

by: Sorrow horse

I am supposed to be a junior next year, but i am changing my major and will pretty much take four years to finish since i have alot of credits needed to take for nursing. I wanted to rush in the fall since i have Lways wanted to be in a sorority but there were none at my previous school. I wonder if i will be cut because i am a junior in actuality but really almost like a freshman.

Looking for some silver lining for being here four more years.

Posted By: Sorrow horse
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: pledging   

You'll be fine. Even actual juniors can rush and get in. Just look around for a good fit and pursue.

By: pledging
#2  by: Do it   

Do fall formal recruitment! Be prepared that some houses cut all upperclassmen no matter what, so it's not personal. If you make it clear this is sort of a college "reboot" and you will be here for 3-4 years, that may not matter to them.

By: Do it
#3  by: ...   

I know of at least a few juniors that got bids last fall so you should definatly go for it.

By: ...
#4  by: ?   

You said you were going to be in school for another four years, but do you really want to be in the sorority for four years? I'm not trying to deter you from it in any way, but do you really want to be 24 years old and hanging out with 18 or 19 year old freshmen?

By: ?
by: For "?"Jun 2, 2015 10:16:57 PM

Being an older student in a fraternity, I find that we often hold a different role in Greek Life. We're sometimes experienced in certain things that younger students aren't. Personally, I like mentoring where I can. If your organization is a good fit you notice no age differences.

By: For "?"
#5  by: Go for it    

I was in the same situation last year and got a bid. Some houses will cut you just because they want to keep their pledge class all the same age. Do not take it personally and make sure to tell each house you'll be there for 3-4 more years.

By: Go for it

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.