facebook

which six houses are recruiting in the spring

by: who

Def Rush said in another post:
"There are six great houses recruiting small classes. Visit them and see if there is a connection. Good luck!"

What six houses are recruiting in the spring?

Posted By: who
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Well...   

No one knows if these houses will actually recruit but here is who I think is elligible based off fall recruitment (Alpha Order):

Alpha Phi
Chi Omega
Phi Sigma Sigma
Sigma Delta Tau
Sigma Kappa
Zeta Tau Alpha

Numbers could change and some could opt not to take a class since they need such few members...so it's not set in stone, but this is the potential. Also I could be wrong all together...

By: Well...
by: SKNov 6, 2014 8:20:48 PM

SK has 50 NMs from fall 14... definitely not holding spring rush

By: SK
#2  by: Re SK   

It's not based on numbers of new members. SK is under total...fact. They could recruit if they want but they may choose not to. That's def their choice. Fact: SK took the smallest new member class.

I think that's why the above poster said it's pretty flexible and some chapters may opt out and not recruit even though they can based in numbers. It's the chapters prerogative.

By: Re SK
#3  by: Realistically   

I've heard a lot of bad things about ΣΔΤ and I don't really care it's still my top house but I was dropped from it last rush. If they have spring rush do you think they will be more competitive or less.

By: Realistically
by: hmmNov 7, 2014 6:18:14 PM

If they dropped you before, that's probably your answer. And they are doing you a favor. Most of what you hear is true.

By: hmm
#4  by: H   

So much more competitive!

By: H
#5  by: ...   

Every house took approximately 50 new members except KD which took 60 and that is why most houses as of now are probably eligible for spring rush.The university wants everyone to have the same number of girls.

By: ...
#6  by: Nope   

It's not the university...it's a new rule from National Panhellenic. After formal recruitment, campus total gets automatically readjusted based on the new numbers. Then, anyone under can informally recruit to total in the spring. It ensures equal growth. And several houses took classes in the mid 50's, but KD had the most quota additions and topped out at 60.

By: Nope
#7  by: Wish   

I wish I had participated in the fall! My friends love their sororities. I am interested in a few of these houses! When will we know who is participating? Will it be like the fall, where everyone visits all the houses?

By: Wish
by: spring recruitmentNov 12, 2014 1:08:20 PM

No one will know for sure which houses will be participating in spring recruitment until January (recruitment rounds will probably be help the first week of February), but this list can give you a good idea. Spring recruitment is very different from the fall. You won't visit all of the houses because not all of them will participate. You can pick and choose which houses you go to based on your personal interest in a house. Spring recruitment is much less formal than fall, and also more competitive because there are limited spots available in each house.

By: spring recruitment
#8  by: Hi   

I really want to rush in the spring. Will any other houses get added to this list, or is it definitely these 6?

By: Hi
by: .Nov 24, 2014 2:44:50 PM

Check the URI sorority recruitment page on Facebook in January and there will be a definite list of which sororities are taking a spring pledge class!

By: .
#9  by: ?   

I saw somewhere else that A Phi, Chi O, Phi Sig, and ZTA were taking spring members. No other houses? Any idea how many they are taking?

By: ?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.